Bearded dragon poop pink and gooey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon pooped in his tank as per usual, only this time I found it was pink and a jelly-like consistency. He’s very healthy and energetic, and still is. However, I still am slightly concerned. I fed him raspberries last night and I’m thinking that is likely the cause but better safe than sorry!
107883-1595691135.jpg

This is my first post and I am unfamiliar with the site so I’m sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That would be my guess but as for the jelly like substance mmm not sure on that one-- are you feeding any kind of supplements? If so what? What are your basking temps? It looks like there is undigested food as well --- NO stickon for temp taking - they are inaccurate
Karrie

Vanessawhite99

Original Poster
KarrieRee":6kzyyonh said:
That would be my guess but as for the jelly like substance mmm not sure on that one-- are you feeding any kind of supplements? If so what? What are your basking temps? It looks like there is undigested food as well --- NO stickon for temp taking - they are inaccurate
Karrie

Hi, thanks for replying! I do use supplements (a calcium and a multi vitamin). The temperature where he basks is currently at 89.8°f.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking temp is not high enough --- babies 105-110 and adults / juvies 95-110- please get your basking temps up either by raising decor piece or increase higher wattage bulb ---- and they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer or infrared heat gun- I do not think the supplements would cause the jelly type substance but the incorrect heat temp might --- some one else would need to weigh in on he cause of that - the undigested food is also caused by incorrect basking temps
Karrie

Vanessawhite99

Original Poster
KarrieRee":vn7c2n1e said:
Basking temp is not high enough --- babies 105-110 and adults / juvies 95-110- please get your basking temps up either by raising decor piece or increase higher wattage bulb ---- and they need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer or infrared heat gun- I do not think the supplements would cause the jelly type substance but the incorrect heat temp might --- some one else would need to weigh in on he cause of that - the undigested food is also caused by incorrect basking temps
Karrie

Okay, perfect thank you for letting me know! I’ll make sure to order a hotter bulb. Thanks for your help!

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Vanessawhite99":3f8m90ec said:
My bearded dragon pooped in his tank as per usual, only this time I found it was pink and a jelly-like consistency. He’s very healthy and energetic, and still is. However, I still am slightly concerned. I fed him raspberries last night and I’m thinking that is likely the cause but better safe than sorry!
107883-1595691135.jpg

This is my first post and I am unfamiliar with the site so I’m sorry if I put it in the wrong place.
What are your staple feeders? Its most likely the raspberry came out undigested they cannot digest without tempatures 95 or greater . Do you have a uvb bulb? If so what kind . Id set a space heater on the floor near the tank until you get a better bulb it will raise the ambeint tempature just make sure it isnt too hot need a tool to measure the heat aka a tempature gun with foods of that color isnt the best at this time as you wont be able to tell if theirs blood could me more undigested food in his belly sitting unpassed which can rot you have to make sure ur tempatures are good before feeding and make sure you arent feeding 2 hours before the lights go out they need to to properly digest

Vanessawhite99

Original Poster
Wickedpogana":3h2c3x7h said:
Vanessawhite99":3h2c3x7h said:
107883-1595691135.jpg

What are your staple feeders? Its most likely the raspberry came out undigested they cannot digest without tempatures 95 or greater . Do you have a uvb bulb? If so what kind . Id set a space heater on the floor near the tank until you get a better bulb it will raise the ambeint tempature just make sure it isnt too hot need a tool to measure the heat aka a tempature gun

For feeder insects I feed him mainly crickets and the occasional horn worm. I just bought a new heat bulb (online ofcourse) that should come in tomorrow. I do have a uvb bulb and I’m not exactly sure what kind it is but it’s my understanding that it also admits heat. I’m assuming that the bulb just had to be replaced and I had not taken the temperature in a while so I didn’t notice.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It's a All In One-- ? Look on the bulb it will tell you-- brand and wattage please- you need a separate UVB the all in ones often do not emit enough UVB-- I would invest in a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and Reptisun 10.0 bulb - a T 5- it will compliment the All In One-- that is another reason for the odd poops- but mostly he needs it to be able to absorb the calcium
Karrie

Vanessawhite99

Original Poster
KarrieRee":dpqvwr5b said:
It's a All In One-- ? Look on the bulb it will tell you-- brand and wattage please- you need a separate UVB the all in ones often do not emit enough UVB-- I would invest in a 24" fixture w/ a reflector and Reptisun 10.0 bulb - a T 5- it will compliment the All In One-- that is another reason for the odd poops- but mostly he needs it to be able to absorb the calcium
Karrie

I don’t think it’s an all in one I just think it emits heat. It’s an exo terra 13 watt uvb bulb. The heat bulb was also exo terra, 100 watt. I’m assuming one on the bulbs were dead and that’s why the temp was so low. It’s never usually like that.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Vanessawhite99":1kks5tn1 said:
Wickedpogana":1kks5tn1 said:
Vanessawhite99":1kks5tn1 said:
107883-1595691135.jpg

What are your staple feeders? Its most likely the raspberry came out undigested they cannot digest without tempatures 95 or greater . Do you have a uvb bulb? If so what kind . Id set a space heater on the floor near the tank until you get a better bulb it will raise the ambeint tempature just make sure it isnt too hot need a tool to measure the heat aka a tempature gun

For feeder insects I feed him mainly crickets and the occasional horn worm. I just bought a new heat bulb (online ofcourse) that should come in tomorrow. I do have a uvb bulb and I’m not exactly sure what kind it is but it’s my understanding that it also admits heat. I’m assuming that the bulb just had to be replaced and I had not taken the temperature in a while so I didn’t notice.
If its a coil uvb its inadequet and hes getting no uvb you need a UVB TUBE LIGHT either a t5 or t8 REPTISUN 10.0 it doesnt emit heat it gives them what they need to process calcium and devolep bone growth by the sounds of it you have a coil bulb which does nothing and which case im wrong and you have the tube bulb then is fine but if not a tube you need to upgrade becuase the coils cause eye issues and doesnt benefit the dragon in any way as the uvb doesnt penertrate anything and is just going in the direction of where its at where the tube streches aross a wide area the uvb bulb doesnt emit heat but the fixture might get a little warm. The coils emit a nasty blue tinted light aswell which isnt good

Vanessawhite99

Original Poster
Wickedpogana":14818w6f said:
Vanessawhite99":14818w6f said:
Wickedpogana":14818w6f said:
Vanessawhite99":14818w6f said:
107883-1595691135.jpg

If its a coil uvb its inadequet and hes getting no uvb you need a UVB TUBE LIGHT either a t5 or t8 REPTISUN 10.0 it doesnt emit heat it gives them what they need to process calcium and devolep bone growth by the sounds of it you have a coil bulb which does nothing and which case im wrong and you have the tube bulb then is fine but if not a tube you need to upgrade becuase the coils cause eye issues and doesnt benefit the dragon in any way as the uvb doesnt penertrate anything and is just going in the direction of where its at where the tube streches aross a wide area the uvb bulb doesnt emit heat but the fixture might get a little warn

Yes, it is a coil bulb. I didn’t know they did that, I do now. I’ll cancel my order and get a tube one! Thanks for the help, it’s greatly appreciated.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
If its warm enough outside in your area take him out so he can get uvb rays from the sun and MAKE SURE OUTSIDE TEMPS ARE OKAY he will be able to bask in the right temps if is warm enough outside just find something hot not too hot for him to bask on maybe your car hood or a rock

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Vanessawhite99":phx5wlf0 said:
Wickedpogana":phx5wlf0 said:
Wickedpogana":phx5wlf0 said:
107883-1595691135.jpg

If its a coil uvb its inadequet and hes getting no uvb you need a UVB TUBE LIGHT either a t5 or t8 REPTISUN 10.0 it doesnt emit heat it gives them what they need to process calcium and devolep bone growth by the sounds of it you have a coil bulb which does nothing and which case im wrong and you have the tube bulb then is fine but if not a tube you need to upgrade becuase the coils cause eye issues and doesnt benefit the dragon in any way as the uvb doesnt penertrate anything and is just going in the direction of where its at where the tube streches aross a wide area the uvb bulb doesnt emit heat but the fixture might get a little warn

Yes, it is a coil bulb. I didn’t know they did that, I do now. I’ll cancel my order and get a tube one! Thanks for the help, it’s greatly appreciated.
The heat bulb should be like a halogen bulb as the tube is for the uvb you still need a heat bulb as temp at 89 isnt got enough your cool should be around 70-80 and bask area 95 to 105... 110 at max

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Get rid of the 13 watt bulb that is a coil and no good! Please replace w/ what I posted -- for your tank you need 2 bulbs--- the exo Terra bright white basking bulb 100 watt if it is keeping temps to 95-110--- the Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5- you can take him out side if your temps are 65 or higher and you can use a plastic tote no glass- set him in direct sunlight for 15 minutes---- that will equal out to around 4 hrs of uvb
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom