Very Unusual Poop! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, my Beardie seems completely normal and has had no signs of impaction, though he has been eating a lot? But he literally pooped earlier today and it was normal!! I came back into my room to find this massive thing :? I am so confused on if he's okay because he seems so fine but keep in mind he's only like 7 inches long.. I thought it might be mealworms that we first fed him when he first got here, but I don't know how it would be that as its been like 3 weeks since we got him and he's been pooping normally since (and that def looks like crickets)... I am just so astounded someone pls help lmao. He's been eating crickets everyday since maybe day 3 of owning him, crickets that are small (less than the size btwn his eyes) and I dust them! he doesn't eat veg or fruit idk why but I give it to the crickets so its something in his system. I have tried luring him to salad, plenty of variety, literally everything but it doesn't work.. Maybe just veg in the crickets isn't enough? IDK!!
107713-4176577530.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

I wouldn't be too alarmed by that. It is clearly undigested bugs. It's possible it was throwup actually, but odd for it to have stayed in a log like that.

One way or the other, it passed through one end too quickly. Are the crickets too large in comparison to him? At 7 inches he is still quite small, and will be needing the small crickets.

If he's acting fine, don't worry about. Just make sure his temperatures are proper, that he has adequate time to bask and digest after his meals, and that the feeders are an appropriate size for him.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom