BEARDED DRAGON NOT TAKING VEGGIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i’m fairly new to owning bearded dragons, i only have one and have had him for 2 years or so. suddenly he just won’t seem to eat any veggies. he’s eating bugs just fine but won’t seem to touch anything i give him. he has heat, a uvb, and he’s fed crickets and superworms. the veggies i offer are lettuce, kale, collards, squash, carrots, and the occasional banana. i’m worried, please share any tips you have on getting your dragons to eat veggies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would omit the lettuce unless your giving for hydration - that it is all its good for and then tends to give runny stools-- can you go over the lighting -- UVB brand and bulb coil or tube where is it in the tank top of screen or inside the tank and how old is it ? what are the basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons!! You can order some worms to add to the salad to entice him to the bowl -- like supers -- silk --- BSFL-- horn worms -- butter worms --- wax worms--- all can be ordered on line -- let me know if you need websites --- but we need to determine if lighting is causing the issue
Karrie

gizmogizzygiz

Original Poster
so first off, the lettuce is for hydration cause he never drinks from his water bowl. He has a uvb tube on top of the screen, i think it’s like 24 watts but i can’t remember cause i didn’t keep the box, and it’s from ZooMed. his heat is also on top of the screen, it’s 100 watts, and it’s from exo-terra. the basking spot temp is around 85 degrees atm and i take the temp digitally. i’m feeding him some carrots and kale today and i’ll add his supers to the bowl to see if he’ll eat them that way. i’ll let you know what happens and thanks for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps should be 95-110 for a juvie / adult dragon --- UVB is it a T 5 or a T 8 ? If you look on the bulb it will tell you--- those bulbs need to be certain distances and placement --- if its a T 8 it needs to be inside the tank w/ no cover over the bulb - it needs to be exposed and approx 8-10 inches from basking decor - if its a T 5 top of screen is ok but it also needs to be certain distances -- if its a fine mesh screen like a screen door 6-8 inches and if its a wide holed screen 8-10 inches from basking decor
Karrie

gizmogizzygiz

Original Poster
i honestly forgot i made this post, but i have good news! come around april, gizmo has started taking veggies again and is eating like normal. he had a huge poop so maybe he was coming out of brumation a little later than usual, but whatever the reason, i’m happy he’s okay! thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom