Stress marks on my baby breaded please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayra12

I have a baby breaded dragon his about 2-3 months
I have him for almost 2 months
This morning I go to his cage and his on the basking area but when I pick him up he has stress mark which first time I see them on the breaded dragon he hasn’t gotten it when he was on a smaller tank right now he has a tank of 20 gallon tank which I got 3 weeks ago. he has a hiding spot and he got fake threes and he got a hammock and as well as a 100w repti basking spot lamp and for the night I put night heat lamp 100 w “ night vision “ and it’s on top of the tank since I have no where to get something to pull it up more. He eats hornworms, crickets once a week , mealworms, calcium worms, super worms and some veggies which in trying him to get used to. He eats fine and has a good appetite and when I take him out of his cage he goes explicating around and goes back to me once he get tired. We switch to a 20 gallon bc it was bigger for him and in the other tank he had some inethwr light but it was 65 W and his temp was not good enough now with this lights I put on his new tank his tank temp stays in 95-100 and his cool side 76 -80 and his humidity is at 45. I moved the enclosed around to see if I’m able to see why he stress but I have no idea why !! He’s eating and pooping fine and as well he’s been shedding this whole week it’s maybe that’s the reason ?? Or the light ?? I will submit pictures of the tank and how he’s doing right now my cámara is not working I would have to wait till my husband gets home so I can show you guys. Right now his in my bed and his stress marks are going away. I as well notice his pores yesterday but idk if they are clogged because when we got him we barely could see them idek because he’s getting bigger maybe ? Idk if he is a she or not but I’m concern about the stress because I’m home bc of the coronavirus but when I get back to work he’s going to be stress and I don’t want nothing bad to happen to him so I need help and byt he’s around 6 inc maybe less

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum but I hate to say this but you should of gotten a way bigger tank for him - they need a 75-120 gallon tank for a full size dragon and that is going to be w/ in the next 6 months - so I would start looking for a new tank now - you can check Craigslist or FB market watch for used tanks and I recommend one w/ front doors---if you find one make sure you sanitize it good before use-- what are you using for a UVB? He needs a UVB if he does not have one and this is one of the MOST important factors for a healthy dragon -- along w/ basking temps of which they should be 105-110 for a baby dragon -- taken w/ a digital probe NO stickons they are inaccurate ---- the nite time bulb is a colored bulb ????? If so get rid of it - they cause long term eye damage and disrupt their sleep -- nite time temps in the tank can be 65 NO less -- I would recommend getting this for a UVB now a 24" fixture w/ reflector and w/ a Reptison 5.0 bulb for NOW it is a T 8 and will suit the 20 gallon tank ---- set it on top of the tank going width wise and have your decor piece directly under it w/ NO screen and bulb exposed -- he has the stress marks from relocating him and that colored bulb as well --- you need 2 good lights on that tank -- a good bright white basking bulb I recommend a 75 watt placed or clamped on the end of the tank and a the UVB that I recommended going length wise --- please get this set up ASAP and he will be good - otherwise you will have issues w/ him becoming lethargic and quit eating -- the 24" fixture will go nicely in the bigger tank that you get
here are the bulbs and fixture I recommend
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/images/detailed/12/xZM_T5_Hood_ep9z-yd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2Zetg1gfnN.webp this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb so you can use this bulb for now and when you get the new tank you will want to upgrade the 5.0 to a 10.0 as it is a stronger bulb - get the 24" fixture
If you have any questions please ask

Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
Is there some way anyone can help me by text here my number 813-461-9693 I can’t submit the photos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
use this link to upload photos
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
I am going to post a pic of my 20 gallon tank and look at it the fixture is going width wise and the basking lamp is clamped at the end of the tank
97951-9562450009.jpg
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok stress marks appear on the belly and beard usually I dont see any on the dragon itself - please do as I recommended so he continues to eat ---- please feed him either crickets or dubias for a staple feeder I recommend dubias and he needs a fresh green salad every morning --- you can use your super worm or meal worms as lures to get him to eat his salad -- but you wanting him eating a salad every day or at least some of it -- calci worms are also a good lure to the salad bowl as well --- but you do not want him hooked on worms or he will nothing else --- here is a website for nutrition please ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
the basking light is good but the wattage for that tank may be too much please get a digital probe when you install it but I am thinking a 75 watt is gonna do it ---- the UVB is BAD---- please look at the tank I posted and set your tank up like that --- hes gonna have stress marks they will eventually go away --
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
How do I get him to eat his greens I having problems with that he will only eat some lettuce and he’s been intresting in fruits but haven’t wanted that yet I as well put some meat that it’s helps him with his color.
And the photos of him in the front he’s been that color since I got him but of course when I got him he was more brownish since he was shedding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Use the worms to lure him to the bowl --- but the first thing you need to do is get his lighting correct or he WILL NOT eat ---- basking temps and correct UVB are the two most important things in that tank --- his health depends on those 2 things --- you need a glass bowl or ceramic bowl ones that worms cant get out of --- fruits should only be fed on occasion ---------------PLEASE NO LETTUCE- it has no nutritional value unless your feeding romaine -- no ice berg lettuce ------------- look at the nutritional website I posted --- they will tend to change color when shedding and after shedding -- please get rid of the coil UVB and get what I posted in my earlier post -
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
As well just to understand I need toyou have both light on the uvsb and the basking light all day and when it comes the night which one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom