Stress marks on my baby breaded please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayra12

I have a baby breaded dragon his about 2-3 months
I have him for almost 2 months
This morning I go to his cage and his on the basking area but when I pick him up he has stress mark which first time I see them on the breaded dragon he hasn’t gotten it when he was on a smaller tank right now he has a tank of 20 gallon tank which I got 3 weeks ago. he has a hiding spot and he got fake threes and he got a hammock and as well as a 100w repti basking spot lamp and for the night I put night heat lamp 100 w “ night vision “ and it’s on top of the tank since I have no where to get something to pull it up more. He eats hornworms, crickets once a week , mealworms, calcium worms, super worms and some veggies which in trying him to get used to. He eats fine and has a good appetite and when I take him out of his cage he goes explicating around and goes back to me once he get tired. We switch to a 20 gallon bc it was bigger for him and in the other tank he had some inethwr light but it was 65 W and his temp was not good enough now with this lights I put on his new tank his tank temp stays in 95-100 and his cool side 76 -80 and his humidity is at 45. I moved the enclosed around to see if I’m able to see why he stress but I have no idea why !! He’s eating and pooping fine and as well he’s been shedding this whole week it’s maybe that’s the reason ?? Or the light ?? I will submit pictures of the tank and how he’s doing right now my cámara is not working I would have to wait till my husband gets home so I can show you guys. Right now his in my bed and his stress marks are going away. I as well notice his pores yesterday but idk if they are clogged because when we got him we barely could see them idek because he’s getting bigger maybe ? Idk if he is a she or not but I’m concern about the stress because I’m home bc of the coronavirus but when I get back to work he’s going to be stress and I don’t want nothing bad to happen to him so I need help and byt he’s around 6 inc maybe less

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Welcome to the forum but I hate to say this but you should of gotten a way bigger tank for him - they need a 75-120 gallon tank for a full size dragon and that is going to be w/ in the next 6 months - so I would start looking for a new tank now - you can check Craigslist or FB market watch for used tanks and I recommend one w/ front doors---if you find one make sure you sanitize it good before use-- what are you using for a UVB? He needs a UVB if he does not have one and this is one of the MOST important factors for a healthy dragon -- along w/ basking temps of which they should be 105-110 for a baby dragon -- taken w/ a digital probe NO stickons they are inaccurate ---- the nite time bulb is a colored bulb ????? If so get rid of it - they cause long term eye damage and disrupt their sleep -- nite time temps in the tank can be 65 NO less -- I would recommend getting this for a UVB now a 24" fixture w/ reflector and w/ a Reptison 5.0 bulb for NOW it is a T 8 and will suit the 20 gallon tank ---- set it on top of the tank going width wise and have your decor piece directly under it w/ NO screen and bulb exposed -- he has the stress marks from relocating him and that colored bulb as well --- you need 2 good lights on that tank -- a good bright white basking bulb I recommend a 75 watt placed or clamped on the end of the tank and a the UVB that I recommended going length wise --- please get this set up ASAP and he will be good - otherwise you will have issues w/ him becoming lethargic and quit eating -- the 24" fixture will go nicely in the bigger tank that you get
here are the bulbs and fixture I recommend
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/images/detailed/12/xZM_T5_Hood_ep9z-yd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2Zetg1gfnN.webp this comes w/ a 5.0 bulb so you can use this bulb for now and when you get the new tank you will want to upgrade the 5.0 to a 10.0 as it is a stronger bulb - get the 24" fixture
If you have any questions please ask

Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
Is there some way anyone can help me by text here my number 813-461-9693 I can’t submit the photos

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
use this link to upload photos
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
I am going to post a pic of my 20 gallon tank and look at it the fixture is going width wise and the basking lamp is clamped at the end of the tank
97951-9562450009.jpg
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok stress marks appear on the belly and beard usually I dont see any on the dragon itself - please do as I recommended so he continues to eat ---- please feed him either crickets or dubias for a staple feeder I recommend dubias and he needs a fresh green salad every morning --- you can use your super worm or meal worms as lures to get him to eat his salad -- but you wanting him eating a salad every day or at least some of it -- calci worms are also a good lure to the salad bowl as well --- but you do not want him hooked on worms or he will nothing else --- here is a website for nutrition please ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
the basking light is good but the wattage for that tank may be too much please get a digital probe when you install it but I am thinking a 75 watt is gonna do it ---- the UVB is BAD---- please look at the tank I posted and set your tank up like that --- hes gonna have stress marks they will eventually go away --
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
How do I get him to eat his greens I having problems with that he will only eat some lettuce and he’s been intresting in fruits but haven’t wanted that yet I as well put some meat that it’s helps him with his color.
And the photos of him in the front he’s been that color since I got him but of course when I got him he was more brownish since he was shedding

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Use the worms to lure him to the bowl --- but the first thing you need to do is get his lighting correct or he WILL NOT eat ---- basking temps and correct UVB are the two most important things in that tank --- his health depends on those 2 things --- you need a glass bowl or ceramic bowl ones that worms cant get out of --- fruits should only be fed on occasion ---------------PLEASE NO LETTUCE- it has no nutritional value unless your feeding romaine -- no ice berg lettuce ------------- look at the nutritional website I posted --- they will tend to change color when shedding and after shedding -- please get rid of the coil UVB and get what I posted in my earlier post -
Karrie

Tayra12

Original Poster
As well just to understand I need toyou have both light on the uvsb and the basking light all day and when it comes the night which one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom