I cant stop crying I'm so worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stina482

Hi everyone. I'm Christina and this is a question about my Rosie Posie...I am so scared. I'm shaking. I feel sick to my stomach. My baby is only 9 months old. She is a rescue because she has a tail nip. I give her a great home. Spoil her as any dragon should be spoiled. Keep her viv clean. She never goes anywhere except once to the vet to be safe that she didnt have coccidia and it was negative. I can't stop crying at the thought I might loose my baby or even both because I just found these spots yesterday and quarantined her then. Several people have told me it's not YF and just watch it. The same amount have told me they think it is YF. I cant afford a vet trip till next month as we literally were just there 2 weeks ago and I had to barrow that $ from my mom. And with corona virus theres no extra $ coming in. Someone please tell me they have experienced this and everything was just fine in the end. I cant lose my babies. Gosh my eyes are swollen from crying so hard. Thanks for listening.

107861-9624074217.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

It's not yellow fungus :)

All you have there is some scale staining. Absolutely nothing to be worried about at all.

Yellow fungus scabs up the skin, it doesn't just cause yellow spots. It would be exceedingly obvious to you if it was YF :)

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You have how many??????????? If they are together I recommend you separate them ASAP --- dragons should never be kept together ---- they are territorial and one will become dominant and take over the basking area and food --- please get them separated
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Totally normal especially on the belly scales.

If you do a search of this site you'll see many people post the same thing about yellow/brown spots on their beardies bellies. It's never anything serious.

Plus, it would be very odd for YF to only affect 1 specific scale like that. It shows up in patches.

Keep an eye on it, but it definitely shouldn't develop into anything to worry about :)

It's more likely just belly scales that are getting ready to shed. Sometimes they get little freckles like that too on individual scales - throughout the whole body - it's just more obvious on the white bellies :)

-Brandon

Stina482

Original Poster
KarrieRee":139ci1ca said:
You have how many??????????? If they are together I recommend you separate them ASAP --- dragons should never be kept together ---- they are territorial and one will become dominant and take over the basking area and food --- please get them separated
Karrie

No they are not kept together. They share surfaces in the home when free roaming.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok be careful one may attack the other w/out warning- it's best to let them out separately
Karrie

Stina482

Original Poster
Claudiusx":uiye4tre said:
Totally normal especially on the belly scales.

If you do a search of this site you'll see many people post the same thing about yellow/brown spots on their beardies bellies. It's never anything serious.

Plus, it would be very odd for YF to only affect 1 specific scale like that. It shows up in patches.

Keep an eye on it, but it definitely shouldn't develop into anything to worry about :)

It's more likely just belly scales that are getting ready to shed. Sometimes they get little freckles like that too on individual scales - throughout the whole body - it's just more obvious on the white bellies :)

-Brandon

Thanks Brandon. There is a couple more spots but it's around the scales and maybe like 3 scales at the most in like 3 spots than the one whole scale. I have been checking it like a watched kettle waiting for it to boil lol this is my baby baby. My youngest. I can't bear anything happening to her or any of my animals for that matter.

How many do u have and how long have u had dragons?

Stina482

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2jwz46ti said:
Ok be careful one may attack the other w/out warning- it's best to let them out separately
Karrie

You don't understand. They never come in contact. You are assuming. Please don't. I'm not ignorant.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Brandon , those are just slight discolored scales, not Y.F. I've had dragons for many years and seen spots on bellies before. No need for a vet at all, you can stop worrying. :)

Stina482

Original Poster
AHBD":1ij407rl said:
I agree with Brandon , those are just slight discolored scales, not Y.F. I've had dragons for many years and seen spots on bellies before. No need for a vet at all, you can stop worrying. :)

Thank you so much! I'm beginning to feel more at ease.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Stina482":1nim2tjy said:
How many do u have and how long have u had dragons?
Well currently, I have 5 :D

I've owned dragons for nearly 20 years now.
And AHBD has owned dragons for a very long time too. You can definitely rest assured that there is nothing to worry about there. :)

We all understand the hypervigilance when something is worrying us with our babies. That's what we are here for :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom