This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yay! Petey's Supers supposed to be here tomorrow. ? Gotta make sure my boy has what he needs. ?❤
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-8663273011.jpg

Belly up to the bar! Come here often? LMAO! ?
-Dee

This is where he goes anytime I'm in the kitchen. Got to see what I'm doing. ?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Supers should be an approved food for a growing guy. Dragons can be so picky, but it's enjoyable at the same time. Eat your food Petey, it's good food

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":3pvb3h3f said:
Supers should be an approved food for a growing guy. Dragons can be so picky, but it's enjoyable at the same time. Eat your food Petey, it's good food
It's what he's eaten his whole life. Had a serious shortage of salads before I got him. ? But now he eats good! Loves his Supers but I limit to 6 every 3rd day. He's 2.5+ and as I understand doesn't need the amount of protein that younger dragons need daily. A couple times he got slack on his salad day after worms so I moved his schedule to every 3rd day, like I had before. I had tried 3 every other day and he started not wanting salad the day after. Not gonna happen. ?

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's a beautiful day in NC! 77, sunny, light breeze. If nothing else, at least it's a gorgeous day! I try to find joy where I can. Sometimes the simple pleasures are the best. I'm going outside! Lol! ?
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MN and we're getting ready for real spring. False spring came twice so now it's real spring for the more northern states. Devlyn desperately wants to go outside but doesn't understand sunny and 50°F weather isn't good enough for a dragon.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":2hyhcpsm said:
MN and we're getting ready for real spring. False spring came twice so now it's real spring for the more northern states. Devlyn desperately wants to go outside but doesn't understand sunny and 50°F weather isn't good enough for a dragon.
Should be warm enough to take her out soon. ?
I fed the strays in the back yard, got all the trash and recycle out and hung my windchimes on the front porch. ? Feeling like spring! Supposed to be mid-high 80's all weekend! Will have to try to clean up the yard a bit. It's a mess.
Had to kick on AC for a few hours, hit 80 in here with Windows open. If I'm not working outside, I hate to sweat! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
As most know, Petey is on my breakfast bar, and I glance over to check on him more times than I can count during the day, when I'm watching tv in my recliner. I happened to look over and it didn't look right. I realized it wasn't light enough. Checked and his halogen was out. I had an extra flood light, which is always a good thing. I also made it a point to pick up a couple more when I did my shopping, just in case.
Want to remind others to try to have an extra since you never know when it will blow.
Stay safe and stay healthy. ❤
-Dee

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad you had an extra on hand. I think most of us have been there at one point or another. They blow out suddenly so it's always good to have spares available. Especially now that running out to the store for a replacement is tougher.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3ro8l21s said:
I'm glad you had an extra on hand. I think most of us have been there at one point or another. They blow out suddenly so it's always good to have spares available. Especially now that running out to the store for a replacement is tougher.
Exactly. That's why I grabbed 2 more when I went shopping Tues and have no plan to go back out for at least 4 weeks, 6 if I can make it. ? Circumstances what they are, having 2 extra is a better idea. ?
-Dee

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Thanks for the reminder! I have a bunch of *singles* from trying out a bunch to get the temps right. I will definitely get a few more whenever I leave the house next...

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Dang Petey!!! ? Can't believe he just poo'd in his salad dish!!!? That's a first for us!! ? Got it soaking in hot soapy water. ? YUCK! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw great. Petey's greens were molding. ? Got enough for his dinner today and trashed the rest. Not taking chances. The curly kale goes bad faster than any greens I've bought. Still have cilantro, plus dandelion and mint from outside, but expect to run to small store in small town a few miles from me. They carry greens and that's usually where I get them. Plan to go tomorrow. Didn't plan on making a store trip for at least another week and then just for greens. I have plenty of everything else. ?
Stay healthy! ❤
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Picked a small red rose and put petals on his salad. He ate 1 from my hand and is eyeballing the ones on his salad. He doesn't like me watching. Trying to sneak and see if he eats any more. ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom