Beardie randomly lost energy week after mating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon Scarlett mated about a week ago with my friends male since I was keeping him because my friend was on vacation, and has randomly lost all her appetite and energy. I don't see any eggs, so I can't be sure if she's gravid or not. Is this a sign of her being gravid, or is there something else going on that I don't know about? (Other than sleeping all day and barely eating any dubias, she looks fine.)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to go over the tank set up --
UVB brand and bulb tube or coil? Where in the tank? top of screen or inside the tank ?
Basking temps and how are you taking them? NO stick ons
Is she hydrated --? they will not eat if they are dehydrated
Karrie

ScarlettTheBfBeardie

Original Poster
The UVB brand is Zoo Med and it's a bulb tube
The heat bulb is a Exoterra 60 Watt
The back of the tank is up against the wall
The bulbs are attached to the top of the tank
The basking spot gets to about 105 max, there is a digital thermometer that is stuck onto the floor, but it never gets loose and it's never really been a problem
I give Scarlett a bath about every 3 or 4 days, but she doesn't eat her greens too often

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
bulb tube? What bulb? T 5 or a T 8?
60 watt bulb ? What size tank? --- I am guessing those temps are off -- the digital thermometer is giving you ambient temps and not a temp of where she is actually sitting-- you need one w/ a probe
You dont need to bath so often -- once a week since shes not eating her greens --- have you tried luring her to the food bowl w/ super or horn or butter worms-- ? You can add those on top of the salad 1-3 or so to get her to that bowl --- wash or rinse before serving and she will get moisture thru the salad --- after you let her eat from the bowl make sure its glass or ceramic so the worms cant get out add your staple feeder to it -- dubias work the best but you can use crickets just disable them by taking a leg off so they cant jump out --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How is she acting today?

Developing eggs puts a big strain on the females body. How old is she and how much does she weigh?
It's generally a good idea to up her calcium a bit while she is developing eggs, and to keep her well fed with nutrient dense foods so that her body has everything that she needs.

-Brandon

ScarlettTheBfBeardie

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kde44y7 said:
bulb tube? What bulb? T 5 or a T 8?
60 watt bulb ? What size tank? --- I am guessing those temps are off -- the digital thermometer is giving you ambient temps and not a temp of where she is actually sitting-- you need one w/ a probe
You dont need to bath so often -- once a week since shes not eating her greens --- have you tried luring her to the food bowl w/ super or horn or butter worms-- ? You can add those on top of the salad 1-3 or so to get her to that bowl --- wash or rinse before serving and she will get moisture thru the salad --- after you let her eat from the bowl make sure its glass or ceramic so the worms cant get out add your staple feeder to it -- dubias work the best but you can use crickets just disable them by taking a leg off so they cant jump out --
Karrie
85w basking bulb, T5 tube, temps are right on. She'll move off the tramp to cool down. The terrarium is a custom built Cen-Tex , pretty good size, its vented at either end and if I were to guess on capacity in gallons , Id say about 150. She been in it for about 2 years with no issues.

ScarlettTheBfBeardie

Original Poster
Claudiusx":255yz97l said:
Hi there,

How is she acting today?

Developing eggs puts a big strain on the females body. How old is she and how much does she weigh?
It's generally a good idea to up her calcium a bit while she is developing eggs, and to keep her well fed with nutrient dense foods so that her body has everything that she needs.

-Brandon
About 2 years and 340 grams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom