Baby beardie lost appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3885

Hi, only just joined around here however I have had my dragon since Feburary now and he is around 3 months old. I noticed his beard and tail were shedding a couple of days ago and he went off his food, he still isn't eating properly today and is closing his eyes all the time?

Any help is appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Shedding can cause them to not eat as much but he should not quit eating all together- what kind of lighting do you have for a UVB ? tube or coil? Brand and bulb?
Karrie

jack3885

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mx7xn0e said:
Shedding can cause them to not eat as much but he should not quit eating all together- what kind of lighting do you have for a UVB ? tube or coil? Brand and bulb?
Karrie
I have one of the T5 tube lights with a reflector

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thats good and where in the tank is it ? on top of screen or inside the tank? The basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? I need to rule the lighting out for the loss of appetite and eyes closing-- is it both of them or just one ? substrate what are you using -- and is the eye watering?
Karrie

jack3885

Original Poster
KarrieRee":18wpc3d4 said:
Ok thats good and where in the tank is it ? on top of screen or inside the tank? The basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? I need to rule the lighting out for the loss of appetite and eyes closing-- is it both of them or just one ? substrate what are you using -- and is the eye watering?
Karrie
Thanks for your fast reply, the light is inside the tank, basking temp with a digital probe is around 44C, cool side 29C. Eyes are not watering he just seems very tired and just textured tiles as his flooring

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Are you offering any kind of heat gradient for him to bask --- so if he doesnt want the heat that hot he can move to a different spot to bask --? the T 5 is inside the tank and should be approx 12-15 inches from basking decor-- so substrate is out for eye issue-- so they do close one eye when they bask is this when hes closing the eye or eyes that is common -- I am thinking hes just going thru a period of slowing down on eating -- mine has done the same and he has shed coming on as well
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom