College

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hey :)
I am off to college in a year and a half, and my lovely mother who has grown to like my beardie more than me (haha) has told me she would be willing to care for her while I am away.

I am hoping that after a couple years, upperclass or off campus apartments (if I can make do) would allow caged animals, but I'm not sure yet. None of the colleges that I am interested in allow pets in dorms as far as I know, except for my home state school which I am still on the edge about.

Nonetheless, my question is, will my beardie "forget" me and will I have to rebuild my relationship with it? Typically she has grown to not care if she is held by whoever and may not necessarily enjoy it, but she doesn't squirm or freak out much anymore. I am hoping over the course of time that I'm gone she does not get sick or anything worse. She will be only 3 years old when I leave for college, and given the chance I will be able to keep her with me in the future, I'd be gone for 1-4 years. If my mom is willing to care for her while I am gone, I am not going to make an effort to rehome her. My mom loves her and might not be able to take her out as much as I do, but will keep her socially active and say hi to her everyday.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
xAnaBooo":23p0jkmu said:
Hey :)
I am off to college in a year and a half, and my lovely mother who has grown to like my beardie more than me (haha) has told me she would be willing to care for her while I am away.

I am hoping that after a couple years, upperclass or off campus apartments (if I can make do) would allow caged animals, but I'm not sure yet. None of the colleges that I am interested in allow pets in dorms as far as I know, except for my home state school which I am still on the edge about.

Nonetheless, my question is, will my beardie "forget" me and will I have to rebuild my relationship with it? Typically she has grown to not care if she is held by whoever and may not necessarily enjoy it, but she doesn't squirm or freak out much anymore. I am hoping over the course of time that I'm gone she does not get sick or anything worse. She will be only 3 years old when I leave for college, and given the chance I will be able to keep her with me in the future, I'd be gone for 1-4 years. If my mom is willing to care for her while I am gone, I am not going to make an effort to rehome her. My mom loves her and might not be able to take her out as much as I do, but will keep her socially active and say hi to her everyday.

I think it's very likely if you are able to start college in 18 months ( in the USA ) , it wont be in any traditional way , unless it's by distance education ( online courses ) as the pandemic will still be very bad and it'll be very dangerous to have masses of people congregating ( to attend lectures, tutorials, be at frats ) .
Very unlikely colleges will reopen for onsite student attendance until a covid-19 vaccine is proven.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's not likely a dorm would work out for her, but if you move off campus then you can likely keep her with you. It will really vary depending on the landlord etc. I'm glad you mom is willing and able to give her good care while you are away. I don't think she will forget you. They seem to recognize their humans even after a long while. I'm sure she will enjoy visits from you whenever you can manage =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom