Finally a shed! And some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
My little mama Pancake is finally shedding for the first time since October! ???

I have two questions.

1. Do you think she will continue to grow more? I thought she was done because she hadnt shed in so long but my boyfriend pointed out she went into brumation at 7 months old which started in October. Right after brumation she also laid eggs (1 day before her birthday on March 9th)

2. Do you think Pancake will start developing more eggs soon? She had her first clutch when she weighed about 310 grams. She is now currently 340 grams
107227-8740512272.jpg

Thanks for your opinions!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I did not think babys went into brumation and at 7 months that is pretty young--- what lighting are you using for your UVB? Brand and bulb and where in the tank is it ?
Karrie

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Usually they don't but I did extensive research and learned that it's absolutely possible. I also took her to the vet right when she started slowing down and they said she was perfectly healthy and it was normal as well.

She originally had a sunblaster t-5 which was upgraded into a long t-5 bulb when she was moved into her 120 gal. Idk what brand exactly the current bulb is, but I do know we use the exact same lights to grow our plants so she is receiving uvb as required.

I plan on purchasing her a repti-sun t-5 once quarantine is over and I have some extra money.

I also took her to the vet on March 9th to induce labor and they said that other than being slightly egg bound she still looked and acted perfectly healthy

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yep it is possible for brumation at that age -- she is young tho --- as far as the egg thing and babies I am not savvy on that -- that is question for AHBD or Tracie -- I would think she would start growing how long is she? Shes good size for 340 grams-- the UVB is not the same length of the tank is it? They recommend only 2/3 of the tank --- they need to be able to escape the rays if they want to w/ out having to hide from the UVB--
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Grow lights don't typically output UVB. I would turn off the light and look at the marking on the bulb to see exactly what it is.

And yes, it's possible that she will continue to grow more now that she is back out of brumation. Almost all of mine settled down and brumated or semi brumated and now are back eating and growing again.

But definitely don't assume that just because you use the bulb to grow plants, that it will be suitable for your dragon too. It likely isn't suitable.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom