beardie not pooping normally. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie has been having this issue where his poop is either really runny or there's no stool at all, only the urate. he's not lethargic, has no problems eating and looks generally healthy- it's just the poop that's the problem. i've tried bathing him and changing his diet but im seeing no improvement. im really worried this could be the start of a severe health issue.

should i take my beardie to the vet or is there anything else i can do at home? this is my first ever bearded dragon and i want to make sure i'm taking care of him properly.

PonyoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Claudiusx":999zuifm said:
Hi there,

Well what does his daily diet look like? Quantities?

-Brandon

his daily diet used to consist of kale and canned crickets, but i recently shifted his diet over to only bok choy and kale since he no longer shows an interest in crickets. i feed him twice everday; more greens in the morning and less during the evening, since he doesn't eat that much at night.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How old is he?

If he isn't eating much, he won't be pooing much.

I would definitely try to get him some live food though. An adult should have live food at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Along with a healthy salad.
A healthy salad means more than just 1 item though. It's ok if you only do 1 or 2 items a day, but over the course of a week there has to be more variety than that.

-Brandon

PonyoTheBeardie

Original Poster
Claudiusx":wzdd79l9 said:
How old is he?

If he isn't eating much, he won't be pooing much.

I would definitely try to get him some live food though. An adult should have live food at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Along with a healthy salad.
A healthy salad means more than just 1 item though. It's ok if you only do 1 or 2 items a day, but over the course of a week there has to be more variety than that.

-Brandon

i dont know exactly how old he is, but i'm assuming he's around 8 months. i'll see if i can get him some live food, he hasnt been showing any interest in the live crickets i've been trying to feed him.

oh, okay. i knew there had to be a variety in greens but i didn't know how much variety there was supposed to be. i'll do some more research on what type of greens and vegetables he can eat. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have websites for live insects if you want them and I posted a website for nutrition
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Dubia roaches-- butter worms -- horn worms-- order small amounts of the horn worms they grow fast--- www.dubiaroaches.com they are out of Kansas
www.mulberryfarms.com -- silk worms they are a good staple feeder-- if you order a large amount make sure you get food--
www.reptilianarts.com. they also have good silk worms
www.abdragons.com.
www joshsfrogs.com.
You can also get some BSFL another staple feeder-- they are small so order large and don't dust them
www.symton.bsf.com
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom