This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Postby DragonPete » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:33 am

Yay! Petey's Supers supposed to be here tomorrow. 👍 Gotta make sure my boy has what he needs. 🤗❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DragonPete » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:11 am

At least FedEx came on time. 👍 Yay! Plenty of numnums for my Petey. 🤗
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:01 am

[Click image to enlarge]

Belly up to the bar! Come here often? LMAO! 😆
-Dee

This is where he goes anytime I'm in the kitchen. Got to see what I'm doing. 😄
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:09 am

Supers should be an approved food for a growing guy. Dragons can be so picky, but it's enjoyable at the same time. Eat your food Petey, it's good food
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 am

DorgEndo wrote:Supers should be an approved food for a growing guy. Dragons can be so picky, but it's enjoyable at the same time. Eat your food Petey, it's good food

It's what he's eaten his whole life. Had a serious shortage of salads before I got him. 😳 But now he eats good! Loves his Supers but I limit to 6 every 3rd day. He's 2.5+ and as I understand doesn't need the amount of protein that younger dragons need daily. A couple times he got slack on his salad day after worms so I moved his schedule to every 3rd day, like I had before. I had tried 3 every other day and he started not wanting salad the day after. Not gonna happen. 😆

-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:58 am

It's a beautiful day in NC! 77, sunny, light breeze. If nothing else, at least it's a gorgeous day! I try to find joy where I can. Sometimes the simple pleasures are the best. I'm going outside! Lol! 😆
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:03 am

MN and we're getting ready for real spring. False spring came twice so now it's real spring for the more northern states. Devlyn desperately wants to go outside but doesn't understand sunny and 50°F weather isn't good enough for a dragon.
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:06 pm

DorgEndo wrote:MN and we're getting ready for real spring. False spring came twice so now it's real spring for the more northern states. Devlyn desperately wants to go outside but doesn't understand sunny and 50°F weather isn't good enough for a dragon.

Should be warm enough to take her out soon. 👍
I fed the strays in the back yard, got all the trash and recycle out and hung my windchimes on the front porch. 😄 Feeling like spring! Supposed to be mid-high 80's all weekend! Will have to try to clean up the yard a bit. It's a mess.
Had to kick on AC for a few hours, hit 80 in here with Windows open. If I'm not working outside, I hate to sweat! 😆
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DragonPete » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 am

As most know, Petey is on my breakfast bar, and I glance over to check on him more times than I can count during the day, when I'm watching tv in my recliner. I happened to look over and it didn't look right. I realized it wasn't light enough. Checked and his halogen was out. I had an extra flood light, which is always a good thing. I also made it a point to pick up a couple more when I did my shopping, just in case.
Want to remind others to try to have an extra since you never know when it will blow.
Stay safe and stay healthy. ❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:59 am

I'm glad you had an extra on hand. I think most of us have been there at one point or another. They blow out suddenly so it's always good to have spares available. Especially now that running out to the store for a replacement is tougher.
CooperDragon

Postby DragonPete » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:08 pm

CooperDragon wrote:I'm glad you had an extra on hand. I think most of us have been there at one point or another. They blow out suddenly so it's always good to have spares available. Especially now that running out to the store for a replacement is tougher.

Exactly. That's why I grabbed 2 more when I went shopping Tues and have no plan to go back out for at least 4 weeks, 6 if I can make it. 👍 Circumstances what they are, having 2 extra is a better idea. 😉
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby MariosDad » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Thanks for the reminder! I have a bunch of *singles* from trying out a bunch to get the temps right. I will definitely get a few more whenever I leave the house next...
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:02 am

Dang Petey!!! 😮 Can't believe he just poo'd in his salad dish!!!😳 That's a first for us!! 😵 Got it soaking in hot soapy water. 😣 YUCK! 😝
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DragonPete » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:21 am

Aw great. Petey's greens were molding. 😡 Got enough for his dinner today and trashed the rest. Not taking chances. The curly kale goes bad faster than any greens I've bought. Still have cilantro, plus dandelion and mint from outside, but expect to run to small store in small town a few miles from me. They carry greens and that's usually where I get them. Plan to go tomorrow. Didn't plan on making a store trip for at least another week and then just for greens. I have plenty of everything else. 👍
Stay healthy! ❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DragonPete » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:35 am

Picked a small red rose and put petals on his salad. He ate 1 from my hand and is eyeballing the ones on his salad. He doesn't like me watching. Trying to sneak and see if he eats any more. 😉
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales