Possible parasites/GI issues? can't go to vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevreLune

Hello, I have a beardie who's about a year old. Lately his bowel movements have been runny with a bit of pink in them. I'll add a picture the next time he goes. He's also been hiding in the shade more and taking naps during the day. No noticeable difference in his weight, and he's been eating just fine.

Info:
  • 100W UVA bulb and UVB hood
    80F cool side, 110F hot side
    Eats 10-15 medium crickets morning and night, plus veggies and sometimes fruit. occasionally eats Aqua Culture beardie trail mix. Calcium 5 days, vitamins 2 days

I would take him to a vet, but because of the lockdown, we can only take him if it's immediately life-threatening. Any advice would be appreciated!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks like hes well hydrated --the UVB is a All in One? What kind brand and bulb and what wattage - how far from basking distance?
Karrie

ChevreLune

Original Poster
Sorry for the veeery late reply, I forgot to post the conclusion.

I found a vet that did carside service, and they confirmed that he had flagellates. He was put on 2 doses of medicine, and a few days later he was completely fine. Still doing well to this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom