Questions for IMMAJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thank you very much but I hardly ever took Jimmia out on walks (well outside) much until he was about 1 year old, I only start to take Immaji now, they don’t get motion sickness, they don’t beard flex at anyone and doesn’t want to run away if I leave them in their hat, they sit in there quiet content and if gets frightened they climb up my hand / up to my shoulder :) their is also one slight little thing I notice different from jimmia though- her skin feels a little smoother and not like gritty sandpaper but I can see a few little spikes and her crown is slowly coming about :) so here is clear photo of her outside on the 22nd of March :)
98861-6568694217.jpg
and here was jimmia around the same age :) so what do you think about Immaji ?¿? please :)
98861-9999063462.jpg

IMMAJI is the one in the grass JIMMIA is the on my shirt :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":3hzxjiop said:
kingofnobbys":3hzxjiop said:
JIMMIA":3hzxjiop said:
I feed IMMAJI, baby woodies, baby crickets (I understand can’t be bigger than between their eyes), I give apple, boc choy, carrot, squash, rocket :)

Looking at this size chart
smaller-crickets-sizes.png

which is the closest size ?

I use the first one on the second row :)

They are too small , she's not getting enough protein to grow , i'd up to 20 day old .
At her size , 6 to 8 x 20day olds will split over 2 or 3 meals with LARGE BSFL will be good and will kickstart her growth.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2n4g1hew said:
JIMMIA":2n4g1hew said:
kingofnobbys":2n4g1hew said:
JIMMIA":2n4g1hew said:
I feed IMMAJI, baby woodies, baby crickets (I understand can’t be bigger than between their eyes), I give apple, boc choy, carrot, squash, rocket :)

They are too small , she's not getting enough protein to grow , i'd up to 20 day old .

Whatever size SMALL crickets are from pet barn that’s what I use, I don’t know the size of them, I just see they’re roughly about 1cm :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
JIMMIA":b5bq6xxv said:
kingofnobbys":b5bq6xxv said:
kingofnobbys":b5bq6xxv said:

Whatever size SMALL crickets are from pet barn that’s what I use, I don’t know the size of them, I just see they’re roughly about 1cm :)

If they are Piscus Brand , they are about same size as 20day olds , I'd recommend maybe 3 per feed , more if she's still hungry..
If they are Biosupplies brand , they are about 15day olds , I'd recommend maybe 5 per feed , more if she's still hungry..

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I have now had immaji 3 months, they still seem a little small in my eyes but they’re weighing 10g and 16cm :) does they look okay ? could they possibly be a rankin bearded dragon ? :)
98861-5866429065.jpg
98861-6725079813.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
She is very tiny. Eating and poo'ing well? Active and seems happy? Personally I wouldnt worry too much if everything else is good. If she's healthy and eating well and you have her husbandry up to par, maybe she's just late with a growth spurt. I've never had a baby Dragon, my boy was adult when I got him.
I'm sure someone with experience will lend their opinions. ?
She is adorable! ❤
-Dee

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":24665h7v said:
She is very tiny. Eating and poo'ing well? Active and seems happy? Personally I wouldnt worry too much if everything else is good. If she's healthy and eating well and you have her husbandry up to par, maybe she's just late with a growth spurt. I've never had a baby Dragon, my boy was adult when I got him.
I'm sure someone with experience will lend their opinions. ?
She is adorable! ❤
-Dee

she eats about 10 crickets a day, I offer fresh fruit and veg, she has reptisun and we are in winter over here now in Australia, she poo everyday at least, I just don’t know what to else to do, I got to stop trying handling her much but I just feel she gets little stressed out as discovering sounds, she won’t run away but I just don’t know what her little brain thinking :) :( :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think your crew may just come from a group with genes that keep them a bit smaller than others (and that's fine) She is likely to grow quite a bit more from where she is now but that may take time. Good not to stress her out too much. She'll likely get used to more adventures after a while though. You take good care of her so just keep charting her weight and offering all the food she wants for the time being.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I don’t know which section I should post this in because I won’t give up hope but IMMAJI has gone missing, I think they’ve climbed out of the tank last night when I was in bed, I stripped their tank out because I couldn’t see them in there, I hope they’ve not gone far, they’re still very small, I can not deal with the emotions as it would be my other beardie JIMMIA birthday next week and he longer here also so I’m really sad and distraught at moment, I don’t want to think the worst, this is making me really sad :( :( :(
98861-1430337858.jpg
98861-7104544649.jpg
98861-6725079813.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Don't give up hope. They don't tend to go far. Keep looking in dark and secure seeming areas. She is likely curled up and sleeping somewhere. If you can't find her by morning set up a portable basking light with some food near where she went missing and see if you can entice her to return that way. Keep searching under furniture, in drapes, anywhere that she could squeeze into to get a nap.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This happened with Kiki too! I didn't have a lid on her tank, and one day she found out how to jump out. It took me an hour of looking, but I found her tucked into the back corner of the closer in my room, sleeping.

A lot of times they escape and fall asleep. So make sure you look everywhere and under everything. They tend to hide themselves under things so look under your clothes pile, your furniture, everything.

-Brandon

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am really afraid to say this but I still
haven’t found IMMAJI, they escape their tank yesterday
and I’ve spent at least 20 of 36 hours looking for them,
I just do not know where else to look, I hope she didn’t
climb out the window; I’m really upset and I hate myself
now but their not much I can do, I’ve left some food out,
her lights on so now I can only hope for the best she can
return home but for now please do not expect me to be
posting new photos when I take them of her as these are
the last few photos I took of her *starts to cry* I’m sorry! ??

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If your lounge is hollow (inside) and the cavity is accessible from under, this is a likely spot for a curious little dragon to have gone and then gone to sleep in the cozy warmness.

If you have drapes that reachable from the floor , check in the drapes' folds , I've had skinks and dragons climb the drapes and end up nearly allow the up near the ceiling.

Under the beds.

Under the fridge ( take the kick plate off and shine a torch and look there ).

Under wash machine .

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, I'm so sorry about this situation. But still, don't give up hope ! Beardies almost always turn up and it's very unlikely he got out the window. Was his enclosure near the window, the same level ? I agree with the previous poster to through the curtains and under the fridge + washing machine with a strong flashlight. Don't give up, keep looking in every fold of fabric + VERY carefully on and under furniture. Move cushions carefully and bedding from beds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom