Orange/Yellow Urine, Not Interested in Eating, Lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

My beardie is 1 year old and she has not been interested in eating on her own at all! We've been giving her water with liquid calcium (properly diluted) (she is drinking fine) as well as critical care (omnivore). She isn't interested in worms, dubias, veggies, etc.

She seems lethargic but she has always sort of been on the lazy side. I have mentioned this in a previous post, but she is most likely blind in one eye (it has always looked strange and she has difficultly hunting). This is most likely as a result of the MBD she was suffering from when we adopted her from our local animal shelter.

About two weeks ago, we did a nice thorough clean of her tank and got new bulbs as well as placed the UV inside her tank (lowered it so it would not be blocked by the mesh screen topper). Her temperatures on both sides are correct.

Today I gave her a warm soak and she pooped and her urine was orange/yellowish. She did not struggle to go to the bathroom or anything, but it looks strange (please see the picture). Can anyone please provide me with any ideas as to why her urine is that color, her low activity, and why she isn't interested in eating? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these crazy times!
107541-2949306802.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Why are you giving her liquid calcium?

Discolored urates are typically a sign of over supplementation. The CC already has a decent amount of Calcium in it, and an OK Ca:p ratio.

Her urate looks quite small, I would nix the liquid calcium for now, and just let her drink plain water and the CC. How much CC is she eating a day?

What is her weight?
Can you post a picture of her and her setup for us?

-Brandon

spaceballs

Original Poster
Hi Brandon,

Thanks so much for your response and I apologize for my delayed response to you! :)

Right now, we are giving her 4ml of cc per day, its a powder that we mix with water and it becomes a paste. Thank you for the suggestion about the water; will be just be giving her regular water from now on. I normally would not give her liquid calcium but she has not been eating regularly, just drinking.

I offered her dubias, fresh blueberries, and Swiss chard today; did not want any of it :cry:

I'm not sure of her weight right now exactly. I have attached pictures of her and the tank and the lights. Please note, she DOES have a kink in her tail and she has always had this. We adopted her from an animal shelter (she was basically on deaths door and had MBD as a youngin'). She was found outside by a dumpster in the middle of winter, and it took many months to rehab her to back to health. She's a year old and for the most part has been healthy post rehab. Love her a lot and I'm worried right now :cry:

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

107541-9072111775.jpg
107541-3076335341.jpg
107541-311370460.jpg
107541-3805382168.jpg
107541-8142844727.jpg
107541-4118755055.jpg
107541-5260958620.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks very good. Liquid calcium is fine, as long as it is given & dosed properly. Does she
have symptoms of metabolic bone disease right now? As suggested, the critical care does
have a good amount of calcium in it.
The urates can often change color & or consistency depending on toods or supplementation
that is always possible.
Is she maintaining her weight right now?
The critical care might have changed her stool, too.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

spaceballs

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Thanks for your response! She was quite plump for a while (my fault - feeding her lots of worms), so I cut down on insects to 2-3x week (offering dubias and less fatty insects) veggies the rest of the week. She is not thin right now by any means! She has lost a little weight as a result of her diet which is good but it's alarming to me she will not eat. She has always kind of been a lazy dragon, but I do notice her sleeping a lot. She isn't showing signs of MBD right now and her poop looks normal. Like you and Brandon have mentioned, I'm wondering if her urine is looking different because of the critical care. I wish I could stimulate her appetite in some way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom