Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeEld

Hey, I was just doing some research on what everyone was using to clean their tanks and everyone seems to use the F10SC cleaner, but everywhere online is sold out, and nowhere sells it locally so I went to their contact page and sent them and email asking when it would be back in stock and turns out it was never approved to be sold in Canada, so I was just wondering what the next best cleaner would be?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For regular cleaning I just use 50/50 vinegar / water -- but the disinfecting really good is the F10 - which I use -- some others on here could recommend some stuff for you
Karrie

ColeEld

Original Poster
KarrieRee":u849xojw said:
For regular cleaning I just use 50/50 vinegar / water -- but the disinfecting really good is the F10 - which I use -- some others on here could recommend some stuff for you
Karrie
Where do you get the F10? I would like it but can’t find it anywhere?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I got it off Amazon when I first purchased it but that was a like a year ago -- here is some stuff sold on pangeareptiles.com its a disinfectant they are selling its called Chlorhexidine (aka Nolvasan) is a very effective bacteriacide, virucide, and fungicide. 100% safe to use in reptile cages because it leaves no toxic residue or fumes. This is the same stuff veterinarians use to irrigate wounds and is even used as a mouthwash for animals and people. And of course it says this Not Available For International Shipments---------- so I would look for something in Canada that you can get there
https://www.amazon.com/F10SCXD-Cleaner-Disinfectant-200ml-6-8oz/dp/B00GMLNLIE
Karrie

ColeEld

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2p8t4pj6 said:
I got it off Amazon when I first purchased it but that was a like a year ago -- here is some stuff sold on pangeareptiles.com its a disinfectant they are selling its called Chlorhexidine (aka Nolvasan) is a very effective bacteriacide, virucide, and fungicide. 100% safe to use in reptile cages because it leaves no toxic residue or fumes. This is the same stuff veterinarians use to irrigate wounds and is even used as a mouthwash for animals and people. And of course it says this Not Available For International Shipments---------- so I would look for something in Canada that you can get there
https://www.amazon.com/F10SCXD-Cleaner-Disinfectant-200ml-6-8oz/dp/B00GMLNLIE
Karrie

I guess they’re not shipping internationally right now because of the covid-19 maybe who knows lol, that’s the American amazon and they don’t have it on the Canada amazon and of course they won’t ship it internationally at the moment. I think I found the F10SCXD online on LLLreptile, a website listed on the buyf10.com on the where to buy, is the SCXD the same you just have to rinse it after? Like it would be safe to use in my terrarium?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Mine is the F10 SC -- I checked mine and it says you dont need to rinse so I am not sure what the difference is between the two are -- the XD you dont need to rinse either -- check Ebay
Karrie

ColeEld

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1625zjmv said:
Mine is the F10 SC -- I checked mine and it says you dont need to rinse so I am not sure what the difference is between the two are -- the XD you dont need to rinse either -- check Ebay
Karrie
But it would be okay to use the F10SCXD in a beardie cage?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type of cleaner are you looking for, a general overall cleaner, or an anti-coccidial
type of cleaner?

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I use F10sc diluted 1:500 and just spray on , let air dry and then wipe any residue away with a paper towel if there is any residue.

With the current covid-19 mass madness and lots of blackmarket profiteering going on internationally with antiseptics, sanitisers, bogpaper, etc etc , good luck finding F10sc or any F10 products in stock for sale at normal prices anywhere ( I've seen Ebay sellers demanding $6000 for a 200mm bottle of F10sc …. crooks !!! ).

Only alternative I'd recommend is high pressure ( hence superheated) steam.

ColeEld

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":3kiowwae said:
I use F10sc diluted 1:500 and just spray on , let air dry and then wipe any residue away with a paper towel if there is any residue.

With the current covid-19 mass madness and lots of blackmarket profiteering going on internationally with antiseptics, sanitisers, bogpaper, etc etc , good luck finding F10sc or any F10 products in stock for sale at normal prices anywhere ( I've seen Ebay sellers demanding $6000 for a 200mm bottle of F10sc …. crooks !!! ).

Only alternative I'd recommend is high pressure ( hence superheated) steam.

Okay but if I can find the F10scxd that’s also safe to use?

ColeEld

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3cy4r0ts said:
Yes, it is safe. It's a sanitizer and cleaner in one rather than just a sanitizer.
Hey cooper do you know if it’s possible to get it in Canada? I tried to get it off of that LLLreptile site but they don’t ship liquid internationally and the bean farm wants $45 to ship it and that’s a bit excessive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom