Yellow/orangish patches on bearded dragons stomach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashwee

I just noticed today that my bearded dragon has this orangish patch on his stomach that I never noticed before I looked it up and all I got was yellow fungus which seems to be a horrible disease but I don’t know if it is fungus or just his natural coloring as he is yellow/orangish as well. Any reptile vets near me are closed and I’m very worried about him. His tail was also injured by our cat About a month earlier which we Took him to the vet for and were given cream and antibiotics since his tail was infected and the tip fell off could that have caused the discoloring? Or fungus if it is that?
107774-6852696999.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am pretty sure that those patches are simply old, dry areas which are going to shed. I am
looking at the pictures here at night so I'll look at them in better light tomorrow. Others will
chime in on this I'm sure.
How bad is her tail, has it gotten infected?

Tracie

Ashwee

Original Poster
Drache613 said:
Hello,

I am pretty sure that those patches are simply old, dry areas which are going to shed. I am
looking at the pictures here at night so I'll look at them in better light tomorrow. Others will
chime in on this I'm sure.
How bad is her tail, has it gotten infected?

He is in the middle of shedding his body right now
Their tail was infected but we took him to the vet and got medicine for it. The vet suggested surgery because he had tail rot but the tip had fallen off and his tail hasn’t seem to change since then. I don’t know if it is still infected as we haven’t gone back yet but I’ve been putting prescribed silver sulfadiazine cream on the bites on his tail for the past couple of weeks and they seemed to be healed and I’ve given him antibiotics orally for a week

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good to hear you are treating the tail with some silver cream then, that should help out with
the healing.
Which oral antibiotic is your dragon on & it will only be for a week correct?
How are those areas on the tummy looking, have they started shedding off?
I think he should be fine, but, let us know how things are going!

Tracie

Ashwee

Original Poster
Drache613":2boptfww said:
Hello,

Good to hear you are treating the tail with some silver cream then, that should help out with
the healing.
Which oral antibiotic is your dragon on & it will only be for a week correct?
How are those areas on the tummy looking, have they started shedding off?
I think he should be fine, but, let us know how things are going!

Tracie

We’ve been off the antibiotics since March 26 and the yellow marks are still there but he’s started shedding so I’m waiting to see if they come off also another thing is I’m worried about his tail it’s very prominently bent downward? The last couple of times we took him the vet he didn’t say anything about it but if I gentle squeeze the sides he pulls away, is it possible his tail is broken? And if it’s not will it bending down so much affect him or the tail itself?
107774-3881913009.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? Oh dear, that tail looks injured, or broken. Has it been like that
since you got him?
I am surprised that the vet didn't do anything about that, it could really cause some havoc with
his health if it got infected & traveled up the tail.
Is he eating very well right now?
I hope his shed goes well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Ashwee

Original Poster
Drache613":1y3vq2gy said:
Hello,

How is your dragon doing? Oh dear, that tail looks injured, or broken. Has it been like that
since you got him?
I am surprised that the vet didn't do anything about that, it could really cause some havoc with
his health if it got infected & traveled up the tail.
Is he eating very well right now?
I hope his shed goes well. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Hello thank you for all your help and it hasn’t been like that it was like that after his injury and he is eating well he’ll eat crickets on his own but will stop after a couple but if I offer them to him by hand he’ll eat many more and he has no problems with his veggies. Besides the tail being bent and him flinching when I slightly squeeze it he’s been normal he eats ok and climbs and walks around fine. The ends of his tail are slightly bent to the left as well but he doesn’t seem sensitive in that area. We’ve been to the vet over 4 times before hand and I feel horrible my poor lizard might be suffering so I hope the vet didn’t make a mistake.

hannamae

I’ve had a recent problem with my 3 year old female bearded dragon. seeing if i should take her to the vet or if it’s just shed. if anyone could give me advice or any input that would be great. i’ve been crying about this because i cannot lose my baby ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Ashwee can you get a closer picture of your dragon's tail and did you say it was bitten ? I agree with Tracie that it's probably infected all the way up and may need amputation.

Hannamae you have to start your own thread so all the info doesn't get mixed up with this person's dragon. :)

Ashwee

Original Poster
AHBD":lrqfe2ua said:
Ashwee can you get a closer picture of your dragon's tail and did you say it was bitten ? I agree with Tracie that it's probably infected all the way up and may need amputation.

Hannamae you have to start your own thread so all the info doesn't get mixed up with this person's dragon. :)

Thank you for your concern but he’s actually perfectly fine now! He’s about a year old now and a chunky boy lol
107774-3047022731.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I just realized that this thread was almost a year old, the new poster added a question on that brought it up from April of 2020 to Feb. of 2021. :) I'm surprised that the tail was O.K aside from the nip on the end, good for you ! BTW, are you sure about the dragon's gender ? Looks like a chunky female. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom