Eating with a Respiratory Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graec123

Hello all,

I just called in for an appointment for my beardie Julianos who is a few weeks/1 month old (very young and small!). After doing some more reading and studying of him in general, I believe he may have a different kind of respiratory disease. Whenever he opens his mouth, usually after eating, he makes a strange clicking sound. At first I thought it was because he was eating too fast. There was no sign of mucus, so I tried not to worry so much at the time.

The appointment will happen on Friday, which is quite a few hours away! Like I said, this clicking/opening mouth sound commonly happens after I feed him. However, he still poops normally and his stools look pretty normal.

While we wait on the appointment, is it safe for me to continue feeding him with his respiratory issue? I’ve done it before unknowingly, and he still seems to be quite healthy even after that. When I do feed him, he seems very eager and he even ate some greens! As expected with a young beardie! But now that I have a good idea of what it is, should I keep on feeding him? Should I feed him a different way? Or should I wait until as long as Friday and afterwards? Please help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He is very young to have a RI --- can you please post pics of him and his tank and lighting - the clicking sound hes making I am not sure what that could be but we need one of the others on here to see his tank etc and him --- they can weigh in on that
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box and then click on the pics they should post
please tell us what your basking temps are and how your taking them and the UVB brand and bulb and is it a coil or tube -- these two things are very important in that tank
Karrie

graec123

Original Poster
107753-5165037028.jpg

This is his tank. It's a 40 gal. His basking temps are around 105 farenheit and his coolest side can reach about 70. His lighting is a kit with both his 100 watt basking lamp and a 10.0 uvb light, which I'm replacing soon. Just waiting on his proper uvb hood! I take the temperatures with a digital probe thermometer.

Like I said, outside of the occasional clicking sound, sometimes he runs around and even climbs on the background of his terrarium. He is active and looks healthy on the outside, though there are some moments where I get worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So you have the UVB tube and your waiting for the fixture ? What bulb did you get ? the T8 or the T 5? Can you post pics of him please ?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom