Anyone know what color morph if any he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
As the title says I’m wondering what color morph my newest boy is if he’s any at all.
I have almost no background info on him as he was a rescue from previous owners who didn’t have or provide any information as to where they got him or the like.
We think he’s 1-2 years old.

I apologise about the first image. It seems the site decided to upload this one upside down for some reason.

101939-8545711361.jpg
101939-3613541918.jpg
101939-6012422303.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes awful dark ---- and hes got a black beard going as well --- can you please post pics of the tank and lighting for us --- you will need to use the uploader again to upload new photos
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Spider8ait1994":1er17udc said:
As the title says I’m wondering what color morph my newest boy is if he’s any at all.
I have almost no background info on him as he was a rescue from previous owners who didn’t have or provide any information as to where they got him or the like.
We think he’s 1-2 years old.

I apologise about the first image. It seems the site decided to upload this one upside down for some reason.

101939-8545711361.jpg
101939-3613541918.jpg
101939-6012422303.jpg
He seems like just a normal bearded dragon the black color isnt normal matter of fact its the worst stress I've ever seen not normal color somethings wrong

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I’ll take some photos of his tank setup in the morning because he’s just sleeping at the moment.
He has a ceramic heating coil that doesn’t emit light. This stays on 24/7 though if the temps get too high if we’re having a hot day I switch it off for a bit. He’s also got a mercury vapour UVB bulb thats on all day.
The temp range is around 30°C - 33°C and the humidity is around 40%.
I’ve also built an outdoor cage out of wire mesh panels and on sunny days he has time outside to get some natural sun and go to the bathroom on the grass.
He’s darker in those photos because he’s out in the sun there and I think most of the darkness on his beard is just shadows.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the MVB is a what brand and bulb please? They need to be certain wattages for tank size and distances---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, his darkness looks just to be from darkening up to warm up. There is nothing wrong with that. Perfectly normal. You should see one of my guys when he darkens.

As far as your original question, he looks like a normal to me :)

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, good looking big boy you have there. :) Males are hormonal this time of year, one of my boys has a black beard on + off through the spring + summer. That's really great that you have an outdoor cage, the sun is so good for them. Your dragon is a normal/standard but definitely has a very cool look with his yellow under tones on his head and the dark barring. Only thing you might need to adjust is his basking temp., try to get it up to about 36 -38 celcius. The cool end of his tank is fine at around 25C.

Spider8ait1994

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so here’s the photo of his tank setup.
As for the brand of his MVB it’s a Reptizoo super sun 75 watt.
The ceramic heating coil is a Reptile One 100 watt.
101939-1241224688.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That looks good , although bigger is always better but since he gets to go outside that makes up for it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom