Bearded Dragon Housing in Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male baby bearded dragon and I was wondering if I could move him from his 20-gallon enclosure to something like a rabbit of tortoise hutch. Is that ok with the same setup that he would regularly have, just in a rabbit hutch? :?: I have a heating lamp, basking rock, coconut fiber substrate, and other hiding spots for him. :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What is the dimensions of the cage I was looking dont see them --- dragons need a 4x2x2 tank -- a better substrate would be either textured NON adhesive shelf liner or a slated textured ceramic tile but some use reptile carpet or the sand mats --- those are a pain to keep clean - the shelf liner and tile are easily cleaned w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 or some other reptile cleaner as well - it is to your preference-- I use the tile in my two tanks -
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so its around a 50 gallon hutch-- I would say you could use it but it doesnt leave much open space for the dragon to be out in ---- there is a lot of space being covered up -- I personally wouldnt use it as the UVB is gonna take up alot of that open space and so hes not going to be able to escape the UVB w/ out having to go into that hide -- and you dont want that-- but that is just me --- some others on here can give their thoughts
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In the description it states its made of pine. Pine is toxic to reptiles.

Glass tanks of the Same size are cheaper.

I'd pass.

-Brandon

BeardedChild

Original Poster
also, is newspaper ok? I heard that you can use it, but that it slides so I would weigh them down with the things I put in his enclosure. I would change it regularly, and use full sheets so that he doesn't try to eat it. :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Newspaper is fine. I prefer papertowels instead if available. And then I prefer tile more so than all those.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom