Nona not hungry and not pooing like usual....

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Hi All - hoping everyone is doing ok with Covid-19 and taking care of themselves.
I have a little situation with my rescue Nona - she's doing quite well actually, she's very very active - running around the house, she knows where the heat lamps are and goes to them, just like Kevin. She's bright eyes, and not acting weird in any way. However, she seems to be having a problem with poo-ing, or at least it looks like it. The other day she looked like she was straining, and she passed a urate but barely any poo. Since then, she hasn't really been hungry like usual. Turns her nose up at everything. I have soaked her, massaged her belly, given her Repashy beardie buffet (very watered down, mixed with baby food) she does eat that readily if I syringe feed her - she has done a couple of small poo's but mainly a urate. I took her to the herpetologist I got her from and he felt her belly, (also checking for eggs - thank goodness none) he said he could feel a poo in there and if I keep soaking and massaging and giving her the syringe mixture, she should pass it. She has reptile carpet in her viv and a sand pit (its walnut, not sand) plays in, but doesn't eat in, so she shouldn't be impacted with sand.
Any other ideas would be great.
Granted she is a fluffy girl, so she could lose a few, but I don't want her to be uncomfortable.
Thanks!
102444-9893676959.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Walnut is not a good substrate- I would replace it please- from what I understand it's toxic to them-- you can give her some unsweetened applesauce or baby prunes to help her gontonthe bathroom
Karrie

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3htwa6ol said:
Walnut is not a good substrate- I would replace it please- from what I understand it's toxic to them-- you can give her some unsweetened applesauce or baby prunes to help her gontonthe bathroom
Karrie

fyi - I'm actually using Desert Blend by Zilla - - I checked for the safest and this was highly rated - she's not a baby, just small - she's has it in her tank for over a year.
-Reptile Desert Blend Lizard Litter is recommended for use with Bearded Dragons, Collard Lizards, Tortoises, Desert Iguanas and many other desert reptiles. ... It will not harm your reptile if ingested and will easily pass through a reptiles digestive system.

she also has reptile carpet - she is passing a urate - so I don't think she is really impacted- I'm giving her baby food sweet potato and mango/pear/ green beans mix baby food with the Beardie Buffet - should I add some olive oil??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can try see if that helps give it a couple of days and see if she goes
Karrie

KevinsMom33

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2zrs7gqh said:
You can try see if that helps give it a couple of days and see if she goes
Karrie

will do - thanks - just gave her a little syringe with some very light olive oil - could be that she just doesn't have any food in her, right ??
BTW - she is not acting lethargic or cranky or like she doesn't feel well - she is in fact, being a spitfire - can't sit still, running all over the place - goes from the front door to the heat lamps - back and forth - ALL DAY - she does not stop. Does not want to stay in her tank...
Considering when I got her she was emaciated and dehydrated and barely had the strength to lift her head, I do not mind her running around. It makes her momma very happy seeing the potter patter of her tiny dragon feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom