Tank Sizing Help

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Tank Sizing Help

Postby reptilez12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:21 am

Hi all! As a follow up to my last post about being able to separate my beardies, I have a small question. Is a 40-gallon big enough for a three-legged half tailed dragon? I just was researching and it recommends 75 gallons unless the animal is handicapped. Thank you all for your support,
Kaylee (:
- Meet My VERY Extended Family -
~Beardies~ Mushu & Draco (Drake) ~Leopard Gecko~ Piper ~Tarantula~ Spinderella ~Tortoise~ Lola ~Turtle~ Flash ~Budgie & Cockateil~ Blue & Quill ~Dogs~ Pickles, Gunner, & Ace ~Cats~ Nala & George ~Lots & lots of FISH!~ Cichlids, salwater varieties with coral and anenome, community tanks, you name it, we probably have it!
reptilez12
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Tank Sizing Help

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 am

Hi there,

What are the dimensions of your 40g? 40g breeders are suitable for adults. but they have different dimensions than a standard 40g.

Typically, a 40g breeder (36x18x18) is the smallest you want to go for an adult.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby reptilez12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:19 am

[Click image to enlarge]

This is the enclosure that he is in right now, I planned on this being for the rest of his life. This is suitable for adults, yes?
Kaylee (:
~Beardies~ Mushu & Draco (Drake) ~Leopard Gecko~ Piper ~Tarantula~ Spinderella ~Tortoise~ Lola ~Turtle~ Flash ~Budgie & Cockateil~ Blue & Quill ~Dogs~ Pickles, Gunner, & Ace ~Cats~ Nala & George ~Lots & lots of FISH!~ Cichlids, salwater varieties with coral and anenome, community tanks, you name it, we probably have it!
reptilez12
Newbie Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:23 am

yes that's a 40g breeder (note the dimensions)
And yes it's suitable, but providing a bit more is generally encouraged if you can. but if they get time outside of their enclosures, it's not so much an issue :)

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby reptilez12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:25 am

Yes, I let them explore a lot. Thank you for your help!
Kaylee (:
reptilez12
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Enclosures