Salad, stubborn beardie and trying to eat the decorations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is the most frustrating and stubborn dragon I have ever heard of. LOL I make him a fresh salad, every single day. It has dandelion greens organic with the tops, kale, half a sliced Strawberry or some little piece of sweet tidbit on top. Not very much. The lasso have some time shoot carrots, sometimes it will have mustard greens and Kayle and dandelions. I try to give you a nice variety. Does he touch it? Not at once. He did it first but then he stopped. Now he’s trying to take decorations and just walking all through his food bowl. Maybe I should try hanging them up like the decorations? I’ve ordered some dubious and hornworms and bsfl but they’re not here yet and I’m getting concerned that he hasn’t really eaten much in the past two or three days except for the few supers that I bought at the pet store before Ran out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If hes eating the decoration I would get them out--- has he just started not eating or has it been awhile since he ate last-sounds like hes hooked on just the insects --- let him go w/ out and when you get the worms and BSFL add them to the salad in front of him first thing in the morning --- see if you can entice him to start eating them again
here is a website for nutrition kale is good to feed so ignore what the website is saying
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Karrie

Beansdragons

Original Poster
He’s just started not eating them. I also just reread my post. Voice to text murders me.

I have been adding the worms in front of him. He literally uses his super dexterous tongue to get ONLY the worm. Out. It’s weird.

He usually loves kale and dandelions. I did just move him into a new enclosure so he might be finicky, though I did see he wasn’t really eating his salad before either kit Ethan I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom