Smelly Lizard?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Smelly Lizard?

Postby klang00 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:15 pm

I have a 3 year old otherwise healthy dragon but he has a nasty habit of dragging his tail and feet through his poop. When i give him a bath I use a toothbrush and clean all the poop off him but somehow he still smells like poop. Once he’s been out of the bath for a while he smells like nothing but any time he gets a wet for any reason he smells like poop again. I don’t want to be TOO abrasive cleaning him but is there anything I can do to make him less stinky or is he fine? It doesn’t really bother me that he occasionally stinks but i don’t want him to be dirty all the time.
klang00
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Smelly Lizard?

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 pm

If the warm bath and scrubbing alone isn't helping, try adding a little bit of a mild soap. I like dr bronner's baby mild which had no scent or harshness to it. If some time in the soapy water doesn't help, you can go as far as adding a bit of betadine to the bath to kill the bacteria causing the smell. I wouldn't go this far unless it is really necessary though. Do be sure he doesn't ingest any of the bath water if you add anything to it.
CooperDragon

Re: Smelly Lizard?

Postby klang00 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 am

Alright I’ll try that, thank you!
klang00
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion