What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Hi I just recently was given a bd named Josie. as far as I know she’s an adult. I’ve had her for a couple weeks now and she’s just recently started glass surfing. I covered the sides so she couldn’t see he self and it didn’t stop. I let her run around my room thinking she was bored or wanted attention and she would go to the wall of my room and continue to do the same action. I tried to feed her more thinking maybe she’s asking for more food but she doesn’t eat all of what’s in her bowl as it is. I’m worried that she’s stressing her self out and I’m not sure what to do. Please help?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is Josie digging or just glass surfing? It could be hormones ---- can you go over her lighting in the tank for us please
what are you using for a UVB coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank? what are your basking temps and how are you taking them ? infrared heat gun digital probe or stick ons?
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1h5impiq said:
Is Josie digging or just glass surfing? It could be hormones ---- can you go over her lighting in the tank for us please
what are you using for a UVB coil or tube and where in the tank is it ? top of screen or inside the tank? what are your basking temps and how are you taking them ? infrared heat gun digital probe or stick ons?
Karrie

The basking temp is 98 and cooling temp is 82 at night it gets to 72 and I have 2 zoo meds thermometers suck in the enclosure. The lights r over a screen. And I’m using the zoo med reptisun 10.0 uvb coil. And she’s only surfing I have tile at the bottom of her tank. And she’s calm now probably tired cuz she did it non stop for like 3 hrs no matter what I did.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The coil is it the 26 watt or 13??? If it's the 13 you need to get rid of it---+ they ARE NO GOOD!! They produce NO UVB in a tank bigger than 20 gallon tank--- I can recommend what you need to get
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2e6eexu6 said:
The coil is it the 26 watt or 13??? If it's the 13 you need to get rid of it---+ they ARE NO GOOD!! They produce NO UVB in a tank bigger than 20 gallon tank--- I can recommend what you need to get
Karrie

It’s only 13 watts. Please do. She doesn’t look to happy right now just exhausted.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so you need to get a 24" fixtures w/ a reflector-- and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 it's a TUBE--- you can order on line from here www.pangeareptiles.com if you can't find it in your petstores- they have a fixture on that website for $32 that will work but you need the bulb as well order the 22" bulb + the bulb that's in that fixture don't use it it's not for beardies- these people are quick and ship fed ex- I will post some more info later
Karrie

dot

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kjzyjk8 said:
Ok so you need to get a 24" fixtures w/ a reflector-- and a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 it's a TUBE--- you can order on line from here http://www.pangeareptiles.com if you can't find it in your petstores- they have a fixture on that website for $32 that will work but you need the bulb as well order the 22" bulb + the bulb that's in that fixture don't use it it's not for beardies- these people are quick and ship fed ex- I will post some more info later
Karrie

Okay thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Shes surfing my guess is the UVB --- you need to get one ASAP or order it -- also I would try and get your basking temps so they are a gradient - if you have a piece of decor in your tank to set under the basking light - like a log that has angles on it like this https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 or this
https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290969 it will give her the gradient of heat the first one is the best --- so you can get temps of 95-110- then she can pick a spot of where she wants to bask - I have one in each of my tanks and my dragons love them and use them all the time --
If its warm outside where you are 65+ degrees take her out in a plastic tote NO Glass -- place her in direct sunlight for 15 minutes that will equal out to around 4 hrs of UVB --- that will help her -- also I would get her over on dubias they are a real good staple feeder -- you can order them and worms from here www.dubiaroaches.com get her some butter worms super worms and some horn worms but only order small amount of the horn as they grow really quick --- and feed sparingly the worms like 1-3 they can become addicted to them --- fresh salads every day here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its good to feed as a staple feeder -- let me know when you get the UVB I will need to help you get it placed in the tank etc
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom