Bearded dragon burn or bruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark9098

My bearded dragon recently suffered two injuries and I don't know if it's going to be okay and I'm worried. The first came when I was taking him out of his cage, he jumped and his head hit his basking light directly, definitely freaked him out but he seemed fine. Then yesterday, he tried to eat a worm out of his rock feeding dish, he hit his head when lunging and had a mini seizure, I watched him for hours after and he seemed fine. That's when I noticed over one eye and along his head was much darker than the other side. I think it's the burn because his scales look partially singed. Is he going to be okay?

spark9098

Original Poster
I tried to upload a new image but the blue button did nothing. I refreshed multiple times. I'm worried and you guys are my only hope.

Disregard entire message

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Was that area above his eye looking like that before he hit the light, or not? It kind of looks
like a shed coming on, but, if you said it actually hit the light then, it could possibly be a burn.
How long did the seizure last, was it just a short one?
Please review your supplementation schedule & lighting with us, so we can be sure everything
is all setup properly for him. If it's calcium or other nutritional issues going on, then it needs to
be addressed quickly.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom