Sick baby fancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your baby doing this evening?
She is a pretty girl. Are you keeping her a little warmer over night too, for helping boost her
immune system?
You definitely need a good digital probe or temp gun so you can keep better track of the
temperatures as they are very crucial for her health.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

RebelBlondie24

Original Poster
Okay so I read on here keeping lights on at night disrupts their sleep sooo what’s best option for heating at night? And I am going to get a probe haven’t yet I’m a little tight on money...uhm she still isn’t eating...but I’m keeping her hydrated and just praying she’ll turn around quickly....:( and thank you she’s super sweet honestly I hope she makes it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The digital probe that you need is around $5-6 please go get it - Petsmart or Petco - she wont eat w/ out proper basking temps ----- not eating? Nothing or little --- ? I posted a link to what you need for the probe-----
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You need to get a temp at nite before we determine if you even need something at nite --- right now you need to get that probe so we can get the basking temp fixed if it needs fixing--- temps at nite can be 65 or so no less --- w/ a 10 gallon tank its probably not dropping below that unless the room temp is really cold --- you need to start working on getting a bigger tank --- your dragon is only going to be in that little tank for maybe a month or two and then its going to be too big ----
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
RebelBlondie24":69r16uyh said:
Can you post a pick of what probe should look like please and thank you n
Get a tempature gun they cost 10-15 bucks can point it anywhere basking spot, coolside , the water bowl just dont point it at the beardie. If your temps are below 65 to 70 you can use a Ceramic Heat Bulb they only emit heat no light but first you have to know the tempature you dont have a hygrometer or thermometer to measure tempature and humidity ? Probe takes awhile to raise to the tempature of whatever it's on where the tempature gun is instant and can show the tempature of diffrenet areas in seconds where the probe takes awhile to show the correct tempature of the area it's on. You can assist feed with baby food but only if the tempatures are correct that's why you buy the set up and equipment for the animal before the animal with proper research and weighing out pros and cons and of course money. As a baby their growing so not eating isnt only making him lose mass but can stunt them after so long cause they dont feed them real food at the petstore they should be immediately eat insects or greens as they haven't had that much if at all you can check the dragons temp by putting your palm on their back and seeing if their warm and also for their basking spot can hand check it aswell

RebelBlondie24

Original Poster
First off I did so lots of research and thought I had what was needed but I am learning things obviously and am concerned I was sold a sick dragon from the guy I bought her from I was also told to take her water bowl out completely due to humidity issues is that true? I’ve read mixture of opinions and things about it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It depends on how high humidity is getting - you don't want it over 70% in tank -- did you get the link for probe I posted? What is your baby doing now?
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
RebelBlondie24":k6pxw5d1 said:
First off I did so lots of research and thought I had what was needed but I am learning things obviously and am concerned I was sold a sick dragon from the guy I bought her from I was also told to take her water bowl out completely due to humidity issues is that true? I’ve read mixture of opinions and things about it
Their tons of things you can do to keep humidity wh where e you need it with a water bowl I have a waterfall in mine and humidity is around 35% to highest it gets 45% buts that's when I spray my enclosure In my bioactive . My substrate keeps my humidity good if on tile you can put a sock with rice in the enclosure to decrease humidity can even buy one of those wall hanging dehumidifiers. Just as to high of a humidity is bad so is too low it can dehydrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom