Mario's Super World

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Mario's Super World

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:30 am

Mine aren't hot on wax worms either-- just as well they are fattening- butterworms- are better- along w/ the silk worms - hornworms-
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby MariosDad » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:12 pm

3 weeks with Mario!

He's eating, pooping, and running around his Super World!
[Click image to enlarge]

He definitely has a favorite sleeping spot.
[Click image to enlarge]

And sexy legs are a daily occurrence!
[Click image to enlarge]

He likes to drink from his salad bowl, eats Dubia roaches and BSFL, and is apparently a fan of carrots.
However, he only seems to be growing longer, not heavier! He's grown about an inch but is still only 6 grams.

As an experiment, we switched out his murder pit for a smaller, clear glass bowl to see if he would eat more than 3-4 bugs at a time. Nope! He just circled the bowl, staring at the bugs and trying to figure out how to get to them! I guess we're sticking with the murder pit for now, although he hasn't eaten as many bugs in one sitting as his first 2 days here. Might have to rename it the Dainty Dish :D
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:50 am

Circling the wagon is normal ----------Blaze did the same thing -- listening and trying to figure out how to get to them --- they do figure it out --- hes weight will catch up w/ his body -- just keep feeding as you are -- have you added any worms to the diet? Blaze loved super worms but I think hes gotten tired of them -- hasnt been eating them like he was so I have not bought any more - I am feeding him silk worms and butter worms now -- and horn worms when I get them --
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby MariosDad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 am

Hi Karrie

Good to know they eventually figure out glass bowls! His murder pit is just so big...

He gets BSFL along with roaches. We mixed them for a few days, but he seems to eat more if we do roaches for a few days, switch to BSFL for a day, then back to roaches. Or we’ll reverse that. Seems to keep him much more interested when the “variety day” comes.

He ate on the floor yesterday (in a tub) while hanging out with my daughter, which was a nice surprise! He went pretty dark for a bit, but his favorite human dropped some bugs in and he calmed down after munching one.

When we put him back in the enclosure he ate 4 more right away, so I don’t think we “freaked his bean” too bad!
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:46 am

Is she feeding him salads ? He needs those first thing in the morning other wise you will have a heck of a time getting him to eat them when he gets older- he will only expect bugs--- even Blaze has slowed down on the salads - he was eating them more but has backed off on them -- dont know what the deal is - I have been feeding him salads since I got him at 3 months I think maybe younger -- I am happy when he eats some of them -- he is now 9 months old ---
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby MariosDad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:52 am

Yep! Collard and mustard greens right now, with occasional kale. Squash and carrots cut real small, too. Yesterday we tested apple as a treat and he ate a couple pieces.
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:54 am

Good ---- hes eating them ---- :)
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby DorgEndo » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:05 am

It sounds like he is eating so we'll. Never had a baby that small myself. Keep up the good work!

Variety day is a nice tactic. Sounds like he loves variety day
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby MariosDad » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:10 am

Thanks! Everything is an experiment right now, but my daughter and I are lucky to have all y’all to help and guide us along the way!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:55 am

Mario is looking great! I love seeing active babies like that!

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:59 am

Glad to hear he's doing so well.👍
Love the pics, so adorable! 🤗
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby MariosDad » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:58 am

Mario Update!

We've had him for a month, and we figure he's about 8 weeks old.

He has finally put on some weight, instead of just length! He's now 6 inches long and 7 grams.

Recently he has started pooping more often, nearly every other day as opposed to twice a week. I'm assuming this means he's less stressed, more comfortable around us, and is figuring out that food comes every day. Also, I may have a "Mr. Spectrum situation" going on: the last 3 times he has pooped it's been in the same place! :headbang:

Yesterday may have been a feeding milestone, too. Apart from the first few days we had him, he's eaten 3-7 roaches or BSFL a day. Yesterday he ate 11 roaches total! We may be on the cusp of some explosive dragon growth... (On a different note, dubiaroaches.com has continues to have excellent service throughout all this.)

Hope everyone is staying safe and smart in these crazy days! Here's a new sleeping picture for ya...
[Click image to enlarge]
Last edited by MariosDad on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby DragonPete » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 am

Glad to see Mario is doing so well. 🤗 Cute little belly!😊
Stay safe and stay healthy. ❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby MariosDad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pm

So this is apparently a comfortable position to sleep in...
[Click image to enlarge]
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 am

Beardies do love to sleep like weirdos. A plant makes as much sense, if not more, than a rock or log to sleep on.

Good job on him growing. I never had a baby so small but he looks really good. His super world to explore is of course awesome and it's great he is making use of everything
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales