Healthy poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved my bearded dragon about a week ago into her new tank and has been acting strange ever since another concern is she started pooping less frequently what would be the cause here is a pic of her poo she is also being more lethargic does her poo look unhealthy?

https://ibb.co/0VW1kJV

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long was it sitting there? It looks a little dried out -- she will go thru relocation stress so her eating may slow down but she should not quit eating all together - what is her UVB your using coil or tube ? What are her basking temps? How are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate--- what is her diet consist of ?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The poo looks a bit loose and possibly a bit undigested.

But, 1 off poo's really aren't that big of a deal, especially when there was a recent stressor such as a change of environment.

Make sure your husbandry is proper, and if it is, it might just take some time to get over the relocation stress.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
She eats lots of crickets about 40 a day or more uvb Arcadia 12% t5 10-11 inches away no mesh basking temp 105-108 IR gun she eats a bit of her greens aswell it seems as she only has lots of energy to eat and today she was sleeping for like 2-3 hours under her basking log could that be due to relocation stress or be something more serious she does look a bit more fat before she would poop big poops in the morning now she poops later around 6-7pm and not as big as before I will just keep a close eye on her

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Her setup sounds just fine!

I'd say give her a few more poo's. If they stay looking like that, you might want to get a fecal check done. If it's just from the stress of the new environment, they should be improving day by day.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Another question I have is can a 5-6 month bearded dragon be over weight or over fed? Because to me she looks kind of over weight here is a recent pic I only feed twice a day 50 crickets at max for the whole day around 20-25 crickets each feeding

https://ibb.co/WpvJpPk

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They definitely can get overweight even when young, but I agree, she doesn't look bad to me :)

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
She has become more lethargic recently dont know if it's normal she seems tired mostly through the day so I put her to bask sometimes should I let her sleep all she want or is it ok for me put her to bask after a while she seems to want to sleep all the time I gave her a bath today hope that helps her

Does she seem to have droopy eyes?
Her skin is also darker and more pale looking aswell
https://ibb.co/hDMsgvs

Could this be brumation or something can a 5-6 month beardi even go into brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom