Healthy poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently moved my bearded dragon about a week ago into her new tank and has been acting strange ever since another concern is she started pooping less frequently what would be the cause here is a pic of her poo she is also being more lethargic does her poo look unhealthy?

https://ibb.co/0VW1kJV

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long was it sitting there? It looks a little dried out -- she will go thru relocation stress so her eating may slow down but she should not quit eating all together - what is her UVB your using coil or tube ? What are her basking temps? How are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate--- what is her diet consist of ?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The poo looks a bit loose and possibly a bit undigested.

But, 1 off poo's really aren't that big of a deal, especially when there was a recent stressor such as a change of environment.

Make sure your husbandry is proper, and if it is, it might just take some time to get over the relocation stress.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
She eats lots of crickets about 40 a day or more uvb Arcadia 12% t5 10-11 inches away no mesh basking temp 105-108 IR gun she eats a bit of her greens aswell it seems as she only has lots of energy to eat and today she was sleeping for like 2-3 hours under her basking log could that be due to relocation stress or be something more serious she does look a bit more fat before she would poop big poops in the morning now she poops later around 6-7pm and not as big as before I will just keep a close eye on her

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Her setup sounds just fine!

I'd say give her a few more poo's. If they stay looking like that, you might want to get a fecal check done. If it's just from the stress of the new environment, they should be improving day by day.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Another question I have is can a 5-6 month bearded dragon be over weight or over fed? Because to me she looks kind of over weight here is a recent pic I only feed twice a day 50 crickets at max for the whole day around 20-25 crickets each feeding

https://ibb.co/WpvJpPk

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They definitely can get overweight even when young, but I agree, she doesn't look bad to me :)

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
She has become more lethargic recently dont know if it's normal she seems tired mostly through the day so I put her to bask sometimes should I let her sleep all she want or is it ok for me put her to bask after a while she seems to want to sleep all the time I gave her a bath today hope that helps her

Does she seem to have droopy eyes?
Her skin is also darker and more pale looking aswell
https://ibb.co/hDMsgvs

Could this be brumation or something can a 5-6 month beardi even go into brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom