New baby beardie glass surfs at night & not eating enough:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLuisa

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23adz8n4 said:
Try the hides but it is definitely too hot on that cool side- that is odd that it's getting so hot-- the room you have him in is it a warm room and is there sun shining in on that tank
Karrie

It is usually a warm room so that's why I go back and forth with the AC to adjust the basking and cool side temps. Could these temperature issues be part of his appetite issue? or is he still dehydrated? I have been able to feed him water today but he has not gone after the food yet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Basking temps and UVB are the most important thing in the tank- they will not eat if they are not right-- but if they are sick regardless if temps are correct will play a factor - post pics of the tank please
Karrie

MLuisa

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2e5i6niu said:
Basking temps and UVB are the most important thing in the tank- they will not eat if they are not right-- but if they are sick regardless if temps are correct will play a factor - post pics of the tank, please
Karrie

Hi! Sorry for the late response! A couple of updates:
- I got the new basking bulb fixture and that has completely solved my temperature issues! The tank is now consistently at 107F for the basking spot and 84F for the cool side.
- I decided to call the vet today for their advice and an appointment ASAP, but as I was calling them I looked at Waldo and he has begun to shed. Hopefully, his previous behaviors were signs of him preparing to shed and today he even started to eat again! Still, he did not eat A LOT but he ate both greens and a few dubia roaches which is obviously much better than no food at all. I am still going to take him to the vet tomorrow to get him checked out but now I am definitely much more hopeful.
Thank you so so much for all of your help! You are amazing!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good I am glad hes eating and yes shed can play a factor w/ them not eating but not at all is not normal --- w/ the 107 temp that is good - you can get a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients for him to bask like this https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 it offers different places for them to sit stand and lay under if they want w/ different temp gradients -- I have one in each of my tanks and both my dragons love them --- keep me posted on how hes doing
Karrie

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
KarrieRee":h6yzs8se said:
Good I am glad hes eating and yes shed can play a factor w/ them not eating but not at all is not normal --- w/ the 107 temp that is good - you can get a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients for him to bask like this https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/PetSmart/5290971 it offers different places for them to sit stand and lay under if they want w/ different temp gradients -- I have one in each of my tanks and both my dragons love them --- keep me posted on how hes doing
Karrie
https://www.petsmart.com/fish/decor-gravel-and-substrate/ornaments/top-fin-tree-root-aquarium-ornament-17495.html i use this one myself if he outgrows it he outgrows my arm has a nice area to go under neath for shade holds heat good some careful its imitation wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom