Fluorescent bulbs for added light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Just curious what kind of t5 I could use that’s a safe spectrum to use for extra lighting. I was using a sun blaster t5 grow light but now I know it’s spectrum is not good and my bd hated it. I saw one at Lowe’s that was a soft white like 2500 kelvin or something would that be ok.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Rubble1212":27hxbnqp said:
Just curious what kind of t5 I could use that’s a safe spectrum to use for extra lighting. I was using a sun blaster t5 grow light but now I know it’s spectrum is not good and my bd hated it. I saw one at Lowe’s that was a soft white like 2500 kelvin or something would that be ok.
My fixture is 6200k full spectrum and 2232 lumens t5 ho for extra light use a t8 so it's not intense everywhere or a led bar like the Jungle Dawn led har . If you use a t8 I recommend replacing the ballast in it to a automatic start so it never flickers. T8 fixtures flickers u cant see it with your eye but if you record it with a phone you can.i got my fixture for 30$ at pangeareptiles.com it's called a professional horticulture lighting and it's made by Vivarium electronics

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Is there any other led bars that are more affordable and safe to use. Will any led bar light be ok?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Rubble1212":muz8lbcp said:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_mw_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=LEDLightsWorld

Would something like this work?
No the jungle dawn leds emits colors of the sunlight spectrum not offered from a uvb or uva light it isnt needed but I've heard excellent things on it I plan to get one myself . I've seen some cheaper t5 ho aquarium leds but I'm not sure if those would work I dont know much on the leds maybe someone can weigh in I just have a t8 across my whole enclosure to get light across it all and still have the 24 inch t5 in the bask area only to have a intense basking spot. You get little to no uvb with the t8 over a screen the t5 is all around brighter and more pleasing

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
https://www.arcadiareptile.com/jungledawn-ledbar/ heres some info on the jungle dawn it says it emits 6200 Kelvin same as my t5 uvb fixture from vivarium electronics can hook it to it aswell to not have an extra cord in the wall. if you can find a t5 led with 6200 Kelvin and 130 lumes or better maybe it would work out but it's just more safe in the long run to use reputable brand names and things already proven good

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree --- the use of the Reptisun 10.0 bulb or Arcadia are the best on the market --- either the T 5 or the T 8
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom