Coughing and open mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’m still new to BD’s, do I need to be concerned?

I noticed on Bruce’s cam that it was pinging activity frequently the past couple nights. I watched it and it’s like he coughs or something every few minutes.

Sometimes under his lamp he has an open mouth - am I reading it wrong that sometimes they sit with mouth open or is it always a bad thing?

Here’s a little 47 second clip of the coughs/twitches that sees off the motion sensor.

Bruce: https://youtu.be/KzCVwp7jGUo

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Opening their mouths while basking is just self-regulating their temperature--he's fine.

I can't tell from the video that that's a cough; it looks like it could just be a gulping kind of thing they do.
Does it happen during the day, and can you get a closer video?

Beansdragons

Original Poster
I can try today. It's weird, it's like it wakes him up. Also with the night vision, it looks like his eyes are open. They are not. I

He's bright eyed and spikey tailed during the day - so he's not lethargic or anything. It looks almost like a twitch and a hiccup.

Beansdragons

Original Poster
Ok I’ve been sitting here for an hour. No twitch-cups. He isn’t receptive to any of his salda for the past 3 days and looks thin to me :( but he might just be being picky. He HATES cilantro, loves dandelion. Meh on collards and I don’t know about turnip greens.

He will eat blueberries and blackberries and any fruit, but won’t do the salad. This dragon. Lol

So his enclosure:

75 gal
Bask spot checked with dig thermometer and thermo gun 100-107 degrees.

The humidity is high at 42%? No water in enclosure just morning spritz and salad spritz

The cool side of his tank is 74, and I have a basking light and a Reptisun 10 UVB coil (I know I know - the stupid hood and I ordered came with a shattered bulb and might be broken too, since it didn’t work with a new bulb. With Amazon prioritizing health supplies I can’t get a replacement one until Tuesday - it took almost 2 weeks to get here :/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom