Hanging from top screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What were you using? I would of gotten the tube fixture ---- here is some info on the 26 watt
The 26w version of the UVB150 is similar in output to a T8 tube when using a reflector. The beam isn't as wide (depending on the length of the tube) but the output strength is very similar. If it was sitting about 6-8'' above the main basking area then it was likely providing adequate UVB. It's the lower wattage (13w) versions that cause concern since they aren't strong enough to provide adequate UVB at a safe distance.
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
ok so the Reptisun 26 watt is suppose to be better - you will haft to see how he acts when you get it changed out just remember to get it properly placed --- as far as him not eating super worms he may just not like them -- one of mine will not eat meal worms or super worms or wax worms -- he will eat butter worms but likes silk worms and horn worms the best----------- it is trial and error w/ everything w/ these guys --- variety is key w / them -- I switch out their veggies w/ the turnip collard kale and mustard greens different squashes like the butter nut yellow and zucchini - give them fruit once in awhile -- my youngest one will eat super worms and butter worms no meal worms and seems to like the dubias over the silk worms -- and he likes the horn worms-- so you would need to maybe offer some different worms and go from there
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
Thanks he use to go at them with such furosity but now no...I'm gonna go right now and try some dubias' he hates horns!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My guess it has a lot to do w/ the UVB --- they wont eat if they cant absorb the calcium--- wow I cant believe he doesnt like horn worms -- the UVB is gonna play a huge roll in eating--- are you getting him to eat anything right now? Basking temps and UVB are the two most important thing in that tank -- here are some websites for ordering worms / insects
www.dubiaroaches.com I order butter worms horn worms and roaches from these guys they are good and are out of Kansas
www.mulberryfarms.com silk worms -- order food if you order these as of right now i think all they have are small and you will need food to grow them out
https://reptilianarts.com/ they have silk worms w/ cups of food --
Karrie

Jera47

Original Poster
He just ate 3 super worms :D and he's been eating his turnips and mustards and collards! Its gotta be the uvb because that is the only thing I've changed!

Jera47

Original Poster
No not yet but he did it; had to order it off chewy so it may be a couple of days:( but I am going to take him outside for a bit longer than usual until it gets here! I ordered it last night!
Thx

SPandS

Juvie Member
I would also move the uvb next to the basking bulb so he's able to get both at the same time and not have to choose one or the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom