Coughing and open mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I’m still new to BD’s, do I need to be concerned?

I noticed on Bruce’s cam that it was pinging activity frequently the past couple nights. I watched it and it’s like he coughs or something every few minutes.

Sometimes under his lamp he has an open mouth - am I reading it wrong that sometimes they sit with mouth open or is it always a bad thing?

Here’s a little 47 second clip of the coughs/twitches that sees off the motion sensor.

Bruce: https://youtu.be/KzCVwp7jGUo

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Opening their mouths while basking is just self-regulating their temperature--he's fine.

I can't tell from the video that that's a cough; it looks like it could just be a gulping kind of thing they do.
Does it happen during the day, and can you get a closer video?

Beansdragons

Original Poster
I can try today. It's weird, it's like it wakes him up. Also with the night vision, it looks like his eyes are open. They are not. I

He's bright eyed and spikey tailed during the day - so he's not lethargic or anything. It looks almost like a twitch and a hiccup.

Beansdragons

Original Poster
Ok I’ve been sitting here for an hour. No twitch-cups. He isn’t receptive to any of his salda for the past 3 days and looks thin to me :( but he might just be being picky. He HATES cilantro, loves dandelion. Meh on collards and I don’t know about turnip greens.

He will eat blueberries and blackberries and any fruit, but won’t do the salad. This dragon. Lol

So his enclosure:

75 gal
Bask spot checked with dig thermometer and thermo gun 100-107 degrees.

The humidity is high at 42%? No water in enclosure just morning spritz and salad spritz

The cool side of his tank is 74, and I have a basking light and a Reptisun 10 UVB coil (I know I know - the stupid hood and I ordered came with a shattered bulb and might be broken too, since it didn’t work with a new bulb. With Amazon prioritizing health supplies I can’t get a replacement one until Tuesday - it took almost 2 weeks to get here :/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom