Is my bearded dragon the right size for his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lili500

I’ve had my bearded dragon, mushu, for 5 months now. Mushu looked a like he might have been a month or two old already when I purchased him at pet smart. His is my first beaded dragon, so I don’t have a lot of experience. Based on my care, he has definitely grown since then. I would like an opinion on if he’s a good size at his age. Last time I measured him he was about 13 in. Is he growing at the right pace?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
How is his build/health otherwise? Growth & growth rate are largely genetic, and like kids, they can grow at different rates, and have growth spurts--some earlier and some later.

I wouldn't be concerned at that size, as long a he's healthy and not too skinny.

Out of curiosity, what are you feeding him, and how much/how often?

Lili500

Original Poster
I usually give my bearded dragon mealworms and crickets (dust them 3-4 times weekly), it’s the easiest to access in Alaska. I heard that that mealworms could cause impact from some sources, but other sources says that mealworms are completely safe. I also give him collard greens, bell peppers, and kale. Ive recently gave him some vitamin pellets for juvenile bearded dragons, make sure he’s getting all of his nutritional. I’ll post a picture of him.
107695-2548001553.jpg

Mine has the same name, around the same age! Haha, I'm sure he's doing just fine as long as you follow the necessary requirements for a happy and healthy beardie ^^

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
He looks fine, and the diet looks fine.
As long as his lighting is correct, I don't see any issues.

Lili500

Original Poster
He has a heat light and a uvb light. He’ll bask in both of them. I’ll turn both of them off, but since it’s Alaska I have a night heater for him so that he doesn’t get cold.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
He should be fine at night without supplemental heat as long as the room temp doesn't fall below 65°F.
If it does on a regular basis, then a CHE is prudent.

Lili500

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":or3p898v said:
He should be fine at night without supplemental heat as long as the room temp doesn't fall below 65°F.
If it does on a regular basis, then a CHE is prudent.

That’s what I meant when I said he has a night heater. In Alaska it can get cold at night so I made sure to get one from amazon. Don’t know the brand but it works great and It came with a thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom