Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
She'd get my vote! :lol: What an awesome (and possibly rare?) opportunity! She commands the room better than some of the bands I've watched streaming from their living rooms... :wink:

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MariosDad":16dllhzu said:
She'd get my vote! :lol: What an awesome (and possibly rare?) opportunity! She commands the room better than some of the bands I've watched streaming from their living rooms... :wink:
My mister has access to city hall anytime. Typically in smaller towns the mayor or any elected official does not have the key to the building. Only full time employees do. Devlyn got all the votes, she is the mayor of Devlyn Town, but no key for her. That would be too much power.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
For awhile now I think I have seen signs that Devlyn knows her name. Today was a much clearer sign she knows her name!

She was basking in part sun towards the end of the day. I thought it was cute and wanted to take a picture. Opened the door, removed leftover salad. I was talking some silly sentences like "cute little shade dragon didn't finish her salad"
and others while she was looking off somewhere else.

Then, I lined the picture and wanted her to look for the camera. So I said "Hey Devlyn" then she looked at me when I said her name. Picture taken...
103228-779770110.jpg
That was cool!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Very cool. ?
I haven't decided if Petey recognizes his name or just the tone and pitch of my voice when I say 'Hey Petey Boy!' He will always turn and look at me. Of course, half the time he then closes his 1 eye too. Lol! ? Letting me know he doesn't wanna be bothered with me. ? He's chock full of Dragontude! ?
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
https://youtu.be/4aoM9Py4U6I

Super short 20 second clip. See Devlyn face plant in a strategically placed fake plant. She gets dramatic sometimes when she reached peak basking temperature. Instead of mouth gaping to thermoregulate she runs like she will light on fire if she doesn't. It's just what she does!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn's behavior making me paranoid again

First week of March she shed her head completely. Most of her legs/feet too. No tail or back/belly shed. Past few days she has been eye bulging. So, Devlyn, do you need to shed your head again? Does something else need to shed and your lizard brain is thinking to try eye bulging because it worked last time? What's going on Devlyn?

As of yesterday still 16 inches long. A few weeks ago I said 18 inches long, but I plead insanity and I don't know why I said the wrong number. She did go up to 408 grams (measured after a good poop). 19 months old. She is my adult girl now. So she must be a proper lady dragon. Arugula has been her only green she has eaten all week, she picks around everything else. Has had 3 roaches this week. She doesn't eat much but keeps a good (leaning towards hefty) size on her. Poops about 3 or 4 times a week which is a lot more than she used too.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Also! Accidentally left my dubia roaches unplugged from the heat for the past 12 days since I cleaned out their enclosure. I was starting to notice they weren't eating as much or moving as much. Oops! Sorry roaches. They were only getting to 65-72°F. Cold roaches.

Got the crickets yesterday too. Mostly really small ones so I can feed them gut load stuff and watch them grow. My frog appreciated two crickets last night. Honestly a few more insectivore helpers would make it easier to keep offering variety for Devlyn. I can see why people get multiple herps. When you have one that eats a wide variety, after start up costs keeping another is low maintenance for time and cost.

My husband has been sick with pneumonia. Never mentioned it here but he is starting to get better. I've been staying home all week since his influenza and bronchitis turned into pneumonia. He gets sick easily.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Thank you on behave of my guy. We're going through all the steps that need to be done.

In Devlyn news she gets a break today unless she really insists otherwise. All week she has been staying in the coolest corner until I lose patience then take her out around noon so she will bask. Today not gonna do it. Send me strength to let her hang in the corner all day if that is what she decides.

Earlier this week Devlyn has had a lot of outside time. Here she is super mad at me after putting her back after 2 hours of free floor time...for her this is a lot of mad color in her beard. Plus stress belly lines to show me how awful it is I took her away from her window and freedom
103228-4385211067.jpg

Another one where she didn't climb the wall, just hanging out and staring into her UVB light for a few minutes. I hope that's okay for her eyes? Lol
103228-3848295817.jpg

Bath time. She keeps bulging her eyes. Earlier this month she shed her head, so a bath in case she needs some help shedding. Normally she tolerates a bath quite well for 10-20 minutes. Sponge as a protective measure so her head stays above water worked well
103228-7801439562.jpg

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
103228-6604560749.jpg

Super bonus pic! Devlyn's first home just sent me this picture. Super baby Devlyn! This was probably in October of 2018 because I know the first lady upgraded her enclosure that month. So a 2-3 month old Devlyn pic :love10:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow April,

What a cool picture to have from the previous owners! Baby Dev doesn't look that small lol!
I wanna see BABY devlyn!

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Claudiusx":115rmbi5 said:
Wow April,

What a cool picture to have from the previous owners! Baby Dev doesn't look that small lol!
I wanna see BABY devlyn!

-Brandon
Not perfect...but I tried to line this up with the other Feb 2019 to Feb 2020 comparison last month. Used the background to check for scale

(Edit) This is probably the closest I'll get to a baby picture. So I'm glad to have it! In the comparison you can see how small she would be compared to her big adult lady version.
103228-7388239274.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom