Periocular Edema

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriNoelle

I took my bearded dragon to his vet today since he's been having puffy swollen eyes for a little while now. Before I took him in the vet thought it could be some stuck shed in his eye or just some kind of infection. Turns out, the vet just diagnosed him with periocular edema, she says its most commonly caused by heart disease, liver levels, or electrolyte levels. We ran some blood-work on him to try to figure out how to treat this, I'm just so worried about him. Has anyone else ever experienced this with their babies?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If you have the blood work post it so Tracie can look at it -- shes our vet moderator - if you dont have it call and request it be emailed to you --- along w/ the office visit summary
Karrie

BriNoelle

Original Poster
He just got the bloodwork done earlier this morning so we don't have the results back yet, But I can post it in this tread when I get them!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely post a copy of the blood tests for us so we can take a look.
We can review your tank setup, supplementation, etc with you if you need also.
How long have his eyes been puffy? Can he see out of them, is it both eyes or just
one eye?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom