Lightning question again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Hey so I’m having an issue with temperature. I’m using t5 reptisun with basking light and I have a br40 65watt that keeps basking area 92 to 100ish or a 90 watt halogen flood that I have to raise the lamp stand as high as it goes which puts it 21 inches from basking surface and by the end of the day the hottest spot gets up to 118 but in a very small area then quickly goes down to the mid to lower 100’s then 95 as you move out from under the lamp. My question is is it better to provide choices from high of 118 down to 100’s then into mid to high 90’s or use a br40 that barely cracks 95 and drops to the 80’s quickly as you move out? Again to reiterate the 118 temperature is a very small area probably an inch in diameter with the halogen and then drops quickly as you move out. Thank you sorry for asking all these questions you’d think after a year and a half I’d have this figured out lol.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
But is the 118 just a build up of the basking rock just retaining heat and getting hotter through out the day? I can take the temperature of the rock about 3 hours after the light has been on it’s 105 to 108 at the hottest part then later in the afternoon is when I get the 118 temperature.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
More than likely --- its good if you can offer a gradient for them to bask then they can pick where they want to sit --
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I think the Halogens are hotter and people are using flood lights --- you need to ask Brandon or CooperDragon on that one--- I personally dont use the flood lamps - I have the regular bright white basking bulb ---
Karrie

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
This light is a 90 watt halogen flood light it’s not an energy efficient one it’s old school. Very bright 1790 lumens. I love it because it mimics sunlight with being so bright and I don’t like dimming it because then it looks just an ordinary household bulb.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
When you say bright white basking bulb what kind are you using is it a reptile specific?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes the exo Terra 150 watt-- I get them on sale at PetSmart where you buy one get one half off second bulb--- if you want to still use the flood lamps I hear they are cheaper but they do need to be suspended like the halogen - you can pm Brandon or Cooper dragon
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom