Emergency Surgery Funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":5ra9slcz said:
Hello,
My mom hasn’t let me get rid of her or take her for surgery yet....she still isn’t acting sick. If she really had follicular stasis, wouldn’t she be sick by now? Just curious. She is eating and acting fine...I’m just curious as to whether she would’ve already deteriorated if it was really follicular stasis.
Are they sure that she has egg binding issues?
Have you gotten a blood test on her? Just curious, as that would show elevated levels if
there was infection present.
How is she doing this evening?
Have they given the hormone, oxytocin, to see if that helped out, if her eggs have dropped?

I hope that she is going to be alright. Keep us posted on how she is.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing? Is she holding her weight right now or has she shown any type of
interest in laying?
I do agree, if she isn't in distress at the moment, it is possible that she will naturally lay on
her own without surgery. Is her beard dark or has it been dark?
How much is she eating right now?
I'm glad though to hear that she is doing so well right now.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to see you've raised so much so far! Have you received enough to have some further diagnostics done to determine the best course forward? We're all rooting for you guys.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2agvfnhj said:
I'm glad to see you've raised so much so far! Have you received enough to have some further diagnostics done to determine the best course forward? We're all rooting for you guys.
I have enough to get an X-ray on her now! :) Since the vet is so far away though if they find something they will have to do surgery the next day and I’ll stay in a hotel while she is there over night. So I have to prepare everything for surgery even if she ends up not needing it. But I was just curious, before I take her, if you guys think it’s follicular stasis being that she is acting completely fine still.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":2s0g3dz6 said:
Hello,

How is your girl doing? Is she holding her weight right now or has she shown any type of
interest in laying?
I do agree, if she isn't in distress at the moment, it is possible that she will naturally lay on
her own without surgery. Is her beard dark or has it been dark?
How much is she eating right now?
I'm glad though to hear that she is doing so well right now.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

I have a laybox for her that I put her in every day. She has shown no interest in it. She almost looks confused like she has no idea what to do with it.
She doesn’t look any thinner to me however she has always been a little on the small side.
Her beard hasn’t been black or dark at all. She has been very lazy though.
She eats normally!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Without results via x-ray or ultrasound it's hard to say for sure what the issue is. The fact that she is acting normally and isn't black bearding is certainly encouraging though!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, I have to agree, it really sounds like she is doing good. Just keep on placing her in the
box in case she needs to lay. I'm starting to think that she is or has already absorbed the eggs
which is relatively common.
When they reabsorb eggs many times they become a little lazy & lethargic too. It is an excellent
sign that she is eating normally also. Be sure to give some extra calcium just to help out her
stores in case they were drained some.

Tracie

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":32ynypy3 said:
Hello,

Well, I have to agree, it really sounds like she is doing good. Just keep on placing her in the
box in case she needs to lay. I'm starting to think that she is or has already absorbed the eggs
which is relatively common.
When they reabsorb eggs many times they become a little lazy & lethargic too. It is an excellent
sign that she is eating normally also. Be sure to give some extra calcium just to help out her
stores in case they were drained some.

Tracie

Good and bad news. Bad news is because of the virus going around my vets office cancelled her appointment and I can’t reschedule until further notice. Good news is Ryuk is still alive and eating. She has gained quite a bit of chub to her. Im not sure if that is good or bad. My guess is that A) She reabsorbed the eggs and is now healthier and gaining weight or B) the eggs have developed further and she is very pregnant. She still has shown ZERO interest in laying. She hasn’t black bearded, she eats and basks. Still a pretty lazy dragon, doesn’t move around much other than to go to her food bowl to eat. Im starting to think that may just be her personality now that she is getting older? Perhaps she is just sort of lazy? She moves around and wants to explore when I get her out of her tank. Can beardies get depressed? She always seems to perk up when I get her out. She has been in my room because my parents refused to have her anywhere else in the house, I wonder if she just gets bored or lonely during the day when I’m not in my room. I hope she makes it through this and I’m praying she doesn’t have follicular stasis. My guess is that if she did she wouldn’t be in as good of shape as she is now but Idk. If she does have it and just isn’t showing symptoms yet, I’m afraid by the time I can get her into the vet finally it will be too late. But I’m trying to keep my hopes up. Even if she appears fine after this virus goes by and such I still plan to take her back to the vet just so they can confirm that she doesn’t have something going on and is doing well. Hopefully if she makes it that long, it’s not follicular stasis and we won’t need surgery. All money donated will go to vet costs, and the rest will be put back for future emergencies if she ends up not needing surgery. What do you guys think. Does the fact that she is doing well for this long indicate that she likely doesn’t have it or that it has resolved on its own via reabsorption or further development? She also looks like she is about to shed on her back and tail she hasn’t shed in forever! That’s partially why I took her to the vet in the first place! How often should she be shedding now as an adult?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good to hear the update ! Ryuk either reabsorbed them or there was never any follicular stasis. And yes, many beardies are lazy in the tank, surrounded by 4 walls they don't have much to do and some just lay around a lot. Don't feed her too much or allow her to gain much weight , that's not good for dragons and can increase lethargy. Can you post current pics of Ryuk showing her body condition ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am thinking she probably has reabsorbed the eggs by now, especially if she is doing so well
& still eating. If she had egg binding issues, she would likely be very ill by now & losing weight.
They can definitely become socially deprived & show depression. Do try to get her out daily so
she can get exercise & stay social with you, also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2l4fl7be said:
Good to hear the update ! Ryuk either reabsorbed them or there was never any follicular stasis. And yes, many beardies are lazy in the tank, surrounded by 4 walls they don't have much to do and some just lay around a lot. Don't feed her too much or allow her to gain much weight , that's not good for dragons and can increase lethargy. Can you post current pics of Ryuk showing her body condition ?

101770-194622907.jpg
101770-3805332249.jpg
101770-2896198593.jpg

Here are some photos of her right now. Her fat pads aren’t flat but they aren’t really full either. But she seems to be a healthy weight? Rearranged her tank the other day and beardie proofed my room so she could roam it without her little playpen barriers. She seemed to like the new exploration and seems happier now, is moving around a lot more and being herself again. With her body condition does she look as if maybe the eggs could’ve developed the rest of the way or do you think she absorbed them and just has a droopy belly? She is also sort of pancaked out in the first pic.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks good + alert. :) It's nice that you made it so she can roam around a bit, it's so good for them to exercise . Her belly is pretty big, she might be developing more eggs or just have a big girl belly.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2sikqmie said:
She looks good + alert. :) It's nice that you made it so she can roam around a bit, it's so good for them to exercise . Her belly is pretty big, she might be developing more eggs or just have a big girl belly.

I moved her basking branch and put something more comfortable for her to lay on in her basking spot. She is on the log on the cool side of her tank...do you think she will eventually figure out that it’s not the basking spot anymore? Maybe she just likes the height. Her UVB is there too though, maybe she is just soaking in some UVB atm? Lol. Interesting little things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom