UVB Wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izanagi

hello! im changing my beardie’s light and my tank is 36 and a quarter inches in length, 18 and a quarter inches in width and 13 and an eighth inches high. i know the tank is a bit small but im working on another tank! i just really need a bulb right now for him and i’ll adjust it accordingly when i get him another one :)

having the measurements in mind, im not sure which wattage i should go with when i go to buy the reptisun 10.0? please help!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wattage doesn't matter really, because the wattage is based purely on the size of the bulb. For example, you can't get the 22inch reptisun t5 in anything but 24w as it takes 24w to power a fluorescent that long.

So you base your decision on the length of the bulb instead.

For your tank, I'd go with either the 22inch T5 reptisun, or the 24 inch T8.
However since your tank is so short at only 13 inches tall, the T8 bulb might be the best bet. The T5 needs to be 12-15 inches away from the basking site.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I'd buy ahead, sizing the UVB fixture and bulb for the new enclosure. That way, you won't have to replace the UVB again, and it may double as an incentive to get that larger enclosure. Adjustments can still be made, raising the bulb, lowering the basking site, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom