Beardie laying eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerS116

My beardie just recently laid a clutch of eggs. 22 to be exact and I heard that’s a lot for infertile egg laying. This is about 3 weeks later and I woke up today to find another egg. Is this normal or should I be concerned that she could be egg bound since she only laid 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that's all pretty common. Sometimes there's another egg or 2-3 the next day. Average clutch sizes are in the 20's but some can lay as few as 12 [ younger dragon ] or as many as 40 or so. But so far everything is O.K. Be sure to give her a warm soak for a drink, sometimes another egg will pop out in the warm bath.

TylerS116

Original Poster
AHBD":1pezvihw said:
Hi there, that's all pretty common. Sometimes there's another egg or 2-3 the next day. Average clutch sizes are in the 20's but some can lay as few as 12 [ younger dragon ] or as many as 40 or so. But so far everything is O.K. Be sure to give her a warm soak for a drink, sometimes another egg will pop out in the warm bath.
My only concern was it’s been 3 weeks since she laid her clutch and randomly she popped out another egg, she’s been drinking and eating up until 2 days ago she started her gravid behavior and then I see the other egg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is quite a bit of eggs but they do tend to lay a pretty good amount & often times will
sporadically lay one or two more later on. She might even lay another clutch, or not. They
all seem to do a little something different.
Just watch for black bearding, loss of appetite, or other changes of behavior in case she
could be retaining more.
Are you giving extra calcium for her to replace her calcium reserves now?

Tracie

TylerS116

Original Poster
Drache613":2mma1tfc said:
Hello,

That is quite a bit of eggs but they do tend to lay a pretty good amount & often times will
sporadically lay one or two more later on. She might even lay another clutch, or not. They
all seem to do a little something different.
Just watch for black bearding, loss of appetite, or other changes of behavior in case she
could be retaining more.
Are you giving extra calcium for her to replace her calcium reserves now?
I’m trying I did last time because she was very eager to eat after she laid the clutch, but she has no interest in anything at the moment, veggies or insects.
Tracie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oooops, I totally missed that she laid the clutch 3 weeks ago. They often lay new clutches 3-4 weeks apart so this may be an entirely new clutch that has developed. Be sure to provide a laybox, she may have a fresh clutch ready to lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom