Enclosure adjustments? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbaby42

I got a bearded dragon a few weeks ago he has been doing really good he’s been eating drinking pooping. But I noticed when he’s in the enclosure he gets stress marks but when I take him out his marks go away. Idk what this means. Please any advice?
His cold side is 70 to 80
His basking spot is 100 to 110
His lights
2 Thrive 5.5 deep dome lamp
Thrive 13 watt uvb bulb
Thrive 150 watt basking bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please get rid of the 13 watt coil bulb--- what size tank is he in? You need to get a fixture I am guessing a 24" w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb either the T 5 or a T 8--- the coil is no good --- they cause a lot of health issues --- basically hes getting no UVB if hes in a tank like 40 gallon --- basking temps are good as long as they are accurate-- meaning NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe from Petco or Petsmart for around $5 -- also a infrared heat gun is a good investment as well and you can get them from your local home improvement store $10-12
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":jydwfvnl said:
Please get rid of the 13 watt coil bulb--- what size tank is he in? You need to get a fixture I am guessing a 24" w/ reflector and a Reptisun 10.0 tube bulb either the T 5 or a T 8--- the coil is no good --- they cause a lot of health issues --- basically hes getting no UVB if hes in a tank like 40 gallon --- basking temps are good as long as they are accurate-- meaning NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you need a digital probe from Petco or Petsmart for around $5 -- also a infrared heat gun is a good investment as well and you can get them from your local home improvement store $10-12
Karrie
He’s still a baby and right now I’m a 20 gallon but I have a 40 gallon for him when he gets bigger. What is a preferred basking bulb and uvb items? And I have a infrared heat gun. Idk when I will be able to get more item from the pet stores because of everything that is going on.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You have a 40 gallon now --?? Move him he will do fine ---- you can order the 24" fixture from here these people are fast and good they send by Fed Ex --- www.pangeareptiles.com -- they have a 24" fixture for $32 w/ a reflector -- the 10.0 bulb is around $20--shipping is $7 --- you can have it in a few days -- the 150 watt basking bulb should be fine as well -- just make sure you get a temp on his basking spot -- you may haft to drop to a 100 watt -- you can order a digital probe from them as well or even petsmart or petco --- is he eating?
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":5c2kzfmp said:
You have a 40 gallon now --?? Move him he will do fine ---- you can order the 24" fixture from here these people are fast and good they send by Fed Ex --- http://www.pangeareptiles.com -- they have a 24" fixture for $32 w/ a reflector -- the 10.0 bulb is around $20--shipping is $7 --- you can have it in a few days -- the 150 watt basking bulb should be fine as well -- just make sure you get a temp on his basking spot -- you may haft to drop to a 100 watt -- you can order a digital probe from them as well or even petsmart or petco --- is he eating?
Karrie
yes I will move him. he is a really good eater. he loves hunting his food especially his dubia roaches. he also gets salads on some days and when I first gave him salad he started eating it without me trying to make him. so yea he is a really good eater

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Keep us posted --- again he will go thru relocation stress after moving him :)
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom