Bearded dragon licking and stress marks. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbaby42

What does it mean when a bearded dragon licks you? Is it a sign of affection? Also when my bearded dragon is in his cage he’s gets a little darker like he’s stressed but when I get him out and start holding him the marks go away. What can I do to make him not feel stressed in his tank?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The licking is him tasting you --- mine do it all the time- -- how long have you had the dragon? The dark could be him absorbing heat as well
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1kx0owiu said:
The licking is him tasting you --- mine do it all the time- -- how long have you had the dragon? The dark could be him absorbing heat as well
Karrie
I’ve had him about two weeks. And he gets stress marks when he’s in the enclosure and when I take him out and hold him the marks goes away.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are you using for lighting and what are the basking temps? How are you taking them? No stick ons! Are you using a coil for a UVB?
Karrie

Zbaby42

Original Poster
KarrieRee":13eu746x said:
What are you using for lighting and what are the basking temps? How are you taking them? No stick ons! Are you using a coil for a UVB?
Karrie
I have two thrive 5.5 deep dome lamps
UVB is a thrive 13 watt uvb bulb and it’s a coil
Basking is a thrive 150 watt basking bulb
Cold side is 70 to 80 and the basking spot is 100 to 110 I use a laser thermometer or wtv there called

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom