Help!!! Rapid color change, vomit, sunken eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that is good to hear she is responding to the treatment. Severe anemia will definitely
cause some weakness.
Are you giving her a good calcium supplement & using a UVB light that is up to date?
The calcium levels if high, can sometimes indicate them developing eggs or follicles. They
can reabsorb them, too & not lay them. If you can get a copy of the blood tests, please post
them, I would love to look over them.
You could consider getting a liquid iron supplement & give a few drops to her 2-3 times per
week to help out. Does she eat any type of greens or vegetation regularly?
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Cdkinney

Original Poster
I have been using the zoo med calcium with d3 supplement dusted on her bugs a few times per week and will occasionally mix it into her baby food as well. As for eating greens it is all in the form of baby food. I don’t think I’ve seen her eat actual greens since she was very small. I use the reptisun 10.0 uvb tubed that is mounted inside of her cage and I replace it about every 4 months. I am going to call the vet today and go over the blood tests with him and will see if they can send me a copy and I will post here. I was trying all night to find how to fix anemia in reptiles with no luck do you know of any specific iron supplements?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a huge turnaround for her, that is great. Her color looks much better.
I don't know of any specific brands for liquid iron, but can try to research some. A human
grade one would work perfectly fine, if you run across one.
Has she eaten anything today?
I'm happy to hear she is doing so much better now.
Keep us posted on her progress.

Tracie

Cdkinney

Original Poster
I have her eating baby food. I am waiting to see how she poops being so weak right now. She didn’t seem interested in her super worms but I think that’s from the stress of everything. I’m giving her her antibiotics when I feed the baby food but I added acidophilus to it to make sure her stomach stays healthy. The vet Office was supposed to email me the test results but I didn’t get them and will probably have to wait til Monday thank you for all the help

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there good to see that she's doing better ! I just wanted to add that the calcium with D3 can cause toxicity when used with a uvb bulb. You can leave that out of her diet for the next few weeks, just use regular calcium without D3 about twice a week for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom