Stress Marks - Advice???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! Quick question - the darker spots that come and go on beardies are caused by stress, yes? Mine has them every so often, only the younger one. I'd say a couple of times a day I look him over in the tank and he's got the dark marks. Should I be worried??? I just want the best for him. Thanks,

reptilez12

Original Poster
Yes, he is, though I am working on a change. I considered this too, could this be the main reason or could there be another reason causing such stress? They honestly get along just fine, both are very young juveniles and don't fight.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its just a matter of time and when they do it will be quick --- especially if they are both males -- I dont know much about Rankins I would just play it safe than be sorry later-- thats just me and you dont want to haft to be taking them the vet now w/ all this other stuff going on and from what I heard you cant even get into the vets
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
reptilez12":2bvfbzy5 said:
Hi all! Quick question - the darker spots that come and go on beardies are caused by stress, yes? Mine has them every so often, only the younger one. I'd say a couple of times a day I look him over in the tank and he's got the dark marks. Should I be worried??? I just want the best for him. Thanks,
I'd like to make sure we're on the same page here.
Are you talking about marks on the underside, like this:
bearded-dragons-stress-marrks-1.png

or do you mean areas on their backs that get darker & lighter?

The pic is of stress marks, Areas on the back can get darker/lighter, usually related to temperature. They turn dark when it's cold, so they can absorb heat better, then lighten as body temp warms up.

However, stress marks can also appear when temperatures are colder.
bearded dragon reasons for stress marks

reptilez12

Original Poster
Yep! Those are the marks. I am making a post about it so everyone who has helped me knows, but you can be the first to hear the news. We are currently working on purchasing a full new enclosure for Draco, so they can be completely separate and okay! I finally got my mom on board, so yay! Thank you everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom