too skinny?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks good to me. Their appetites will fluctuate normally so as long as she is active and alert she will likely start eating more again after a while.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding salads every morning-- she needs to start on her salads now ---if you need help please ask and I can post some tips --- how long have you had her ?
Karrie

gabbymaldonado

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1x38q4ig said:
Are you feeding salads every morning-- she needs to start on her salads now ---if you need help please ask and I can post some tips --- how long have you had her ?
Karrie
I’ve had her for a little over a week she actually just ate 4 more dubias so that’s 6 in all today which is more than ever. and yes post the tips!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So shes gonna go thru relocation stress -- her eating will slow down but she should not quit eating all together if she does there is more than likely a lighting issue along w/ basking temps not being right- first I want you to order some BSFL from here and order large https://symtonbsf.com/ you do not need to dust them -- then get some super worms-- butter worms and dubia roaches from here www.dubiaroaches.com - get your salad and put it in a glass bowl that the worms cant get out of -- feed first thing in the morning w/ your BSFL and 1-3 worms -- make sure she sees you add these worms to her bowl - the movement will entice her to the bowl to eat the salad --add the BSFL as many as you want as they are another staple feeder --- the dubias should not be bigger that the space between her eyes or around there -- I would get her 3/8-1/2 inch roach -- these are a better staple feeder than crickets and they are easier to care for you can keep them in the cup they come in and feed them carrots and squash --- I have a 10 gallon tank set up for the roaches as I have 2 dragons and they are not eating the same size roach -- let her eat from her bowl for like an hr then take a little salad out of the bowl add your staple feeder - if you are using crickets now disable them so they cant jump out of the bowl - symton has a good bowl for insects not getting out I have the large bowl it was spendy but they work -- if you can find one online cheaper that is good - you want glass or so no plastic-- feed your roaches at nite so when you feed them in the morning they are gutloaded --- before serving the salad wash or rinse your greens - she will get moisture from the greens-- if you need anymore help please ask --- make sure your dusting your insects 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 and vitamins 2 x per week
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom