Black scar on leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie507

I am the proud owner of many reptile friends, but Ozzie is my first bearded dragon. He is around 3 months old. I got him 5 days ago and noticed what looks to be like a black scar on his left leg.

The scales in the area look ugly but it doesn’t seem to bother him. The area is dry like a scab and he can move his leg perfectly fine. He is very active and eats well, actively chasing his feeders but I want to make sure he is in good health. He had this since before I got him so I sent an image to the person who sold him to me and he said it could be a “paradox” but that I should wait for Ozzie to shed and keep a close look on the scar.
I want to mention there are no herpvets where I live and that is why I am seeking help here. Even though Ozzie seems to be in good health, I want to be sure and know if this is a healing wound or if I should take some steps to help him, because the affected area looks very ugly.
I attached an image of the leg.

107699-9267539209.jpg
107699-5953145856.jpg
107699-5793297053.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, first thing to try is get some betadine and mix it in a small tub with warm water to set Ozzie in. Use a small soft toothbrush to gently brush that area just to see if it's possibly just a poo stain. If it doesn't come off you can apply betadine to it daily and after it dries use neosporin or better yet, raw unpasteurized honey. The honey is a wound healer + has antimicrobial properties. I think he'l be fine though and it's good that his activity level is normal. :)

Richie507

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! I tried brushing it off but it was definitely a scab because it didn’t come off. He is shedding right now and the scab disappeared! :D!!! I am glad he is ok. It seems it was probably a wound he got from another baby dragon. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom