Uvb question/setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if my uvb would need to be any closer to my beardi or is it ok like this it's about 10-12 inches away no mesh but if hes under his basking light most of the time does he still get uv Ray's or would I have to move the uv closer it's an arcadia 12% d3 here are some pics the uv and basking spot are about 8-9 inches apart from side to side

https://ibb.co/dWNYG0M
https://ibb.co/HCjQH1f

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

As long as that distance is the distance from bulb to your dragon while he is basking, it's perfectly fine.

Is the 12% the T5 bulb or the T8 bulb? They come in both sizes. And that distance is only suitable for the T5 version.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Yeah it's the t5 but if she is basking most of the day under basking bulb and is not directly under the uv will that cause any problems or will she be ok it also has a reflector

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well in the picture it looks like your UVB bulb is right next to your basking bulb is it not?

Just measure from the bulb to the dragon (you can measure at an angle, it doesn't have to be straight down) and if it's within the recommended distance, your dragon will be getting the proper amounts of UV even if the dragon isn't directly below the bulb.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Ok just making sure dont want her to develop any problems thanks for the response she doesnt seem lethargic and chases her crickets so I think that is a sign that she is getting enough uv I will just keep a close eye on her I just moved her to a 75 gal so just making sure her setup is good

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Always best to check and make sure :)

What are the dimensions of the tank? It looked like it didn't have quite enough floor space (more height than lengthXwidth)

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Yeah it's a standard 75 I believe I had her in a 40 gallon breeder but didnt look big enough now she looks smaller lol now she can run around more

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I bet she appreciates the extra space :)
Only downside is having to refigure all your lighting setup all over again! But, it's worth it.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom